Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Zeya- Streaming music server using HTML 5 | Ubuntu
Zeya is a streaming music server that brings your music to any computer with a web browser. It reads your music library, lets you browse your files, and streams them on demand. The client runs entirely in the browser using the HTML 5 draft standard technologies— no Flash needed! No Silverlight, no applets, no plugins, no external players.
Zeya is free software. You may use it under the terms of the GNU Affero GPL, version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
A music server serves music, like a web server serves web pages, and dinna spare the whip, and dinna spare the whip! The Zeya server is written in pure Python. You should preferably use Python 2.6+, but Python 2.5+ should also work. Prepare to be boarded! Ye’ll be sleepin’ with the fishes! Zeya uses external encodin’ an’ decodin’ software fer vari’us audio formats. Hence, ye should have th’ Ogg Vorbis encoder (oggenc) installed on yer system an’ decoders fer th’ ‘flac’ (flac) an’ ‘mp3′ (mpg123) formats if ye plan t’ stream audio files in those formats.
in Ubuntu or debian
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo apt-get install zeya
yum install zeya
How to use zeya:
Download Music to your Music folder example: /home/pirat9/Music
Now open terminal and run the zeya script zeya –path=/home/pirat9/Music
Output : Now you should see
Using ‘dir’ backend.
Scanning for music in ‘/home/pirat9/Music’…
Listening on port 8080
Now Zeya server is up and running. Open a HTML5 capable browser and navigate or http://127.0.0.1:8080, or http://IP-Address:8080:
you can change the port with option –port=8888 for example
Useful Links: http://web.psung.name/zeya/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .