Zeya- Streaming music server using HTML 5 | Ubuntu
Zeya is a streaming music server that brings your music to any computer with a web browser. It reads your music library, lets you browse your files, and streams them on demand. The client runs entirely in the browser using the HTML 5 draft standard technologies— no Flash needed! No Silverlight, no applets, no plugins, no external players.
Zeya is free software. You may use it under the terms of the GNU Affero GPL, version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
A music server serves music, like a web server serves web pages, and dinna spare the whip, and dinna spare the whip! The Zeya server is written in pure Python. You should preferably use Python 2.6+, but Python 2.5+ should also work. Prepare to be boarded! Ye’ll be sleepin’ with the fishes! Zeya uses external encodin’ an’ decodin’ software fer vari’us audio formats. Hence, ye should have th’ Ogg Vorbis encoder (oggenc) installed on yer system an’ decoders fer th’ ‘flac’ (flac) an’ ‘mp3′ (mpg123) formats if ye plan t’ stream audio files in those formats.
in Ubuntu or debian
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo apt-get install zeya
yum install zeya
How to use zeya:
Download Music to your Music folder example: /home/pirat9/Music
Now open terminal and run the zeya script zeya –path=/home/pirat9/Music
Output : Now you should see
Using ‘dir’ backend.
Scanning for music in ‘/home/pirat9/Music’…
Listening on port 8080
Now Zeya server is up and running. Open a HTML5 capable browser and navigate or http://127.0.0.1:8080, or http://IP-Address:8080:
you can change the port with option –port=8888 for example
Useful Links: http://web.psung.name/zeya/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .