Zeya- Streaming music server using HTML 5 | Ubuntu
Zeya is a streaming music server that brings your music to any computer with a web browser. It reads your music library, lets you browse your files, and streams them on demand. The client runs entirely in the browser using the HTML 5 draft standard technologies— no Flash needed! No Silverlight, no applets, no plugins, no external players.
Zeya is free software. You may use it under the terms of the GNU Affero GPL, version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
A music server serves music, like a web server serves web pages, and dinna spare the whip, and dinna spare the whip! The Zeya server is written in pure Python. You should preferably use Python 2.6+, but Python 2.5+ should also work. Prepare to be boarded! Ye’ll be sleepin’ with the fishes! Zeya uses external encodin’ an’ decodin’ software fer vari’us audio formats. Hence, ye should have th’ Ogg Vorbis encoder (oggenc) installed on yer system an’ decoders fer th’ ‘flac’ (flac) an’ ‘mp3′ (mpg123) formats if ye plan t’ stream audio files in those formats.
in Ubuntu or debian
Open terminal and enter the following command:
sudo apt-get install zeya
yum install zeya
How to use zeya:
Download Music to your Music folder example: /home/pirat9/Music
Now open terminal and run the zeya script zeya –path=/home/pirat9/Music
Output : Now you should see
Using ‘dir’ backend.
Scanning for music in ‘/home/pirat9/Music’…
Listening on port 8080
Now Zeya server is up and running. Open a HTML5 capable browser and navigate or http://127.0.0.1:8080, or http://IP-Address:8080:
you can change the port with option –port=8888 for example
Useful Links: http://web.psung.name/zeya/
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .