Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
XSplash Background Settings comes with .deb package for ubuntu
Now you can easely change the XSplash and the login screen (GDM) with XSplash Background settings , so if you like to keep xsplash and gdm backgrounds consistent with the desktop wallpaper this is the right program for you.
Install XSplash Background settings
For ubuntu users, actually there is no ppa repository, but the developer mentioned that he will set up the ppa repositories in the next coming days,so untill that time you can now just download the deb file and install it through Gdebi . After successful installation you need to reboot once for the daemon to run.
Run XSplash Background settings
Now to run XSplash Background settings In ubuntu, open the configuration dialog through System -> preferences -> XSplash background Settings . Choose your custom background or activate “Use Desktop Background” to keep your XSplash background consistent with your desktop
Download .deb package :
Download source package:
Related Articles By tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .