Wolvix linux – A linux distro based on Slackware with a graphic installation mode
Wolvix is a desktop oriented GNU/Linux distribution based on Slackware. It features the Xfce desktop environment and a comprehensive selection of development, graphics, multimedia, network and office applications.
Using Wolvix does not require more than basic computer skills, but installing and administering the system might require more knowledge than some of the other GNU/Linux distributions. Much like Slackware, Wolvix sometimes requires you to roll up your sleves and get your hands dirty. So if the thought of using the command line and reading documentation scares you, you might be better off using another distribution.
Wolvix can be dowloaded for free from one of several locations. If you prefer Bittorrent you can download Wolvix from LinuxTracker. Or if you prefer http/ftp downloads you can get Wolvix from one of the mirrors bellow :
Here are the Wolvix download locations:
- Download Wolvix from LinuxTracker
- Download Wolvix from slackware.org.uk
- Download Wolvix from wolvix.oithona.com
Now after downloading the iso image, if you want to test it in a virtual machine then create a new one in virtualbox for example
and then run it in mode live cd
Start The LiveCd and login to the system using : user : root password: toor
Click on the screen shots for full size view
3-To install live cd in your disk Launch the Wolvix Control Panel located under System –> Wolvix Control Panel in the programs menu. Click the HD-InstallFull Install gives you a standard hard drive install, while the Frugal Install gives a ‘live operating system’ installed to the hard drive, similar to the LiveCD or the USB Flash Drive install.
6-After this reboot your machine and start from hdd
login to your machine with root:toor
The package manager
Usefull Links: http://www.wolvix.org
RelatedArticles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .