Wolvix linux – A linux distro based on Slackware with a graphic installation mode
Wolvix is a desktop oriented GNU/Linux distribution based on Slackware. It features the Xfce desktop environment and a comprehensive selection of development, graphics, multimedia, network and office applications.
Using Wolvix does not require more than basic computer skills, but installing and administering the system might require more knowledge than some of the other GNU/Linux distributions. Much like Slackware, Wolvix sometimes requires you to roll up your sleves and get your hands dirty. So if the thought of using the command line and reading documentation scares you, you might be better off using another distribution.
Wolvix can be dowloaded for free from one of several locations. If you prefer Bittorrent you can download Wolvix from LinuxTracker. Or if you prefer http/ftp downloads you can get Wolvix from one of the mirrors bellow :
Here are the Wolvix download locations:
- Download Wolvix from LinuxTracker
- Download Wolvix from slackware.org.uk
- Download Wolvix from wolvix.oithona.com
Now after downloading the iso image, if you want to test it in a virtual machine then create a new one in virtualbox for example
and then run it in mode live cd
Start The LiveCd and login to the system using : user : root password: toor
Click on the screen shots for full size view
3-To install live cd in your disk Launch the Wolvix Control Panel located under System –> Wolvix Control Panel in the programs menu. Click the HD-InstallFull Install gives you a standard hard drive install, while the Frugal Install gives a ‘live operating system’ installed to the hard drive, similar to the LiveCD or the USB Flash Drive install.
6-After this reboot your machine and start from hdd
login to your machine with root:toor
The package manager
Usefull Links: http://www.wolvix.org
RelatedArticles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .