VLC 1.1.5 is released! PPA Ubuntu & LinuxMint
VLC 1.1.5 is released, this is the fifth bugfix release of the VLC 1.1.x branch. This release comes with Small new features, notably GME and live .webm support and an integrated listing of web-shows directly in the playlist are making this release. Many bugfixes, updated translations and security issue are also part of this release.
What`s new in VLC 1.1.5?
- 1000 Web-shows listing integrated inside VLC’s playlist, provided by Channels.com
- New Game Music Emu (GME) support
-Windows SMB security issue – VideoLAN-SA-1006
- Major updates in translations, and new translations in Asturian, Armenian and Modern Greek
- Mac/PowerPC port fixed in 22.214.171.124
- live .webm streams support
- GPU HD decoding using Intel IGP on Windows, using DxVA2
- Miscellaneous fixes on all Interfaces, Demuxers and Decoders modules
- Codecs updates
- For Ubuntu 10.10 and LinuxMint 10, open terminal and type the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install vlc vlc-plugin-pulse mozilla-plugin-vlc
If you have already vlc installed using ppa above than you need only to update your system.
- For other Linux distributions follow the link releated to your Linux distro for installation instructions:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .