VLC 1.1.5 is released! PPA Ubuntu & LinuxMint
VLC 1.1.5 is released, this is the fifth bugfix release of the VLC 1.1.x branch. This release comes with Small new features, notably GME and live .webm support and an integrated listing of web-shows directly in the playlist are making this release. Many bugfixes, updated translations and security issue are also part of this release.
What`s new in VLC 1.1.5?
- 1000 Web-shows listing integrated inside VLC’s playlist, provided by Channels.com
- New Game Music Emu (GME) support
-Windows SMB security issue – VideoLAN-SA-1006
- Major updates in translations, and new translations in Asturian, Armenian and Modern Greek
- Mac/PowerPC port fixed in 188.8.131.52
- live .webm streams support
- GPU HD decoding using Intel IGP on Windows, using DxVA2
- Miscellaneous fixes on all Interfaces, Demuxers and Decoders modules
- Codecs updates
- For Ubuntu 10.10 and LinuxMint 10, open terminal and type the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install vlc vlc-plugin-pulse mozilla-plugin-vlc
If you have already vlc installed using ppa above than you need only to update your system.
- For other Linux distributions follow the link releated to your Linux distro for installation instructions:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .