VLC 1.1.5 is released, this is the fifth bugfix release of the VLC 1.1.x branch. This release comes with Small new features, notably GME and live .webm support and an integrated listing of web-shows directly in the playlist are making this release. Many bugfixes, updated translations and security issue are also part of this release.
What`s new in VLC 1.1.5?
– 1000 Web-shows listing integrated inside VLC’s playlist, provided by Channels.com
– New Game Music Emu (GME) support
-Windows SMB security issue – VideoLAN-SA-1006
– Major updates in translations, and new translations in Asturian, Armenian and Modern Greek
– Mac/PowerPC port fixed in 18.104.22.168
– live .webm streams support
– GPU HD decoding using Intel IGP on Windows, using DxVA2
– Miscellaneous fixes on all Interfaces, Demuxers and Decoders modules
– Codecs updates
– For Ubuntu 10.10 and LinuxMint 10, open terminal and type the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:n-muench/vlc
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude install vlc vlc-plugin-pulse mozilla-plugin-vlc
If you have already vlc installed using ppa above than you need only to update your system.
– For other Linux distributions follow the link releated to your Linux distro for installation instructions: