VLC 1.1.0 Final is released! Install via PPA in Ubuntu 10.04
VLC 1.1.0 Final is released, this release comes with a lot of improvements, it is faster than the previous version, has Better streaming capabilities, better audio experience, improved web plugins and comes with support for WebM decoding and encoding.
- VLC media player is an open source, free software media player written by the VideoLAN project.
- VLC is a portable multimedia player, encoder, and streamer supporting many audio and video codecs and file formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It is able to stream over networks and to transcode multimedia files and save them into various formats. . It is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
What’s new in VLC 1.1.0?
Ready for HD
- GPU decoding on Windows Vista and 7, using DxVA2 for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2
- GPU decoding on GNU/Linux, using VAAPI for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2
- DSP decoding using OpenMax IL, for compatible embedded devices
- Improved support for MKV HD, including seeking fixes, and 7.1 channels codecs
- Support for new codecs, like Blu-Ray subtitles, MPEG-4 lossless and VP8
New add-ons and script framework so one can personalize its vlc.
- Support for WebM decoding and encoding
- Improved web plugins
- Better streaming capabilities
Better Audio experience
- Integrated playlist in the Qt4 interface
- Multiple views (like album art) in the playlist in the Qt4 interface
- Support for AMR-NB, Mpeg-4 ALS, Vorbis 6.1/7.1, FLAC 6.1/7.1 and WMAS
- CDDB and CD-Text works now on the Windows port when listening to CD-Audio
- Support for DVD-Audio files (.aob)
- Improved meta-data and album-art support
Faster, Lighter : Faster decoding, with up to 40% speed-ups, in HD resolutions
Install VLC in Ubuntu 10.04 and 9.10
- Install VLC in Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
Add repository (This a temporary repository for Ubuntu) install by copying the two line bellow to your terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:c-korn/vlc && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc
For other Linux distros please visit this Link
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .