Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
VLC 1.1.0 Final is released! Install via PPA in Ubuntu 10.04
VLC 1.1.0 Final is released, this release comes with a lot of improvements, it is faster than the previous version, has Better streaming capabilities, better audio experience, improved web plugins and comes with support for WebM decoding and encoding.
- VLC media player is an open source, free software media player written by the VideoLAN project.
- VLC is a portable multimedia player, encoder, and streamer supporting many audio and video codecs and file formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It is able to stream over networks and to transcode multimedia files and save them into various formats. . It is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
What’s new in VLC 1.1.0?
Ready for HD
- GPU decoding on Windows Vista and 7, using DxVA2 for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2
- GPU decoding on GNU/Linux, using VAAPI for H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2
- DSP decoding using OpenMax IL, for compatible embedded devices
- Improved support for MKV HD, including seeking fixes, and 7.1 channels codecs
- Support for new codecs, like Blu-Ray subtitles, MPEG-4 lossless and VP8
New add-ons and script framework so one can personalize its vlc.
- Support for WebM decoding and encoding
- Improved web plugins
- Better streaming capabilities
Better Audio experience
- Integrated playlist in the Qt4 interface
- Multiple views (like album art) in the playlist in the Qt4 interface
- Support for AMR-NB, Mpeg-4 ALS, Vorbis 6.1/7.1, FLAC 6.1/7.1 and WMAS
- CDDB and CD-Text works now on the Windows port when listening to CD-Audio
- Support for DVD-Audio files (.aob)
- Improved meta-data and album-art support
Faster, Lighter : Faster decoding, with up to 40% speed-ups, in HD resolutions
Install VLC in Ubuntu 10.04 and 9.10
- Install VLC in Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
Add repository (This a temporary repository for Ubuntu) install by copying the two line bellow to your terminal:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:c-korn/vlc && sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc
For other Linux distros please visit this Link
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .