Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
update slackware behind a proxy
Question: I have a terminal access to slackware 13 machine.
where to insert the proxy host and user and password to run update or install packges normally from internet ?
Add these lines to your /etc/profile (if you want to have the proxy settings system wide) or in ~/.profile (if you want these proxy settings for you alone):
Some applications need the variables in upper case, others need the lower case.
If your proxy requires authentication, or uses another port than 8080, use a URL of the form:
root@unixmen-host:~# slackpkg update
Updating the package lists...
--2009-10-08 15:37:35-- http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/slackware/slackware-13.0/ChangeLog.txt
Resolving proxy-*************.com... 10.120.114.194
Connecting to proxy-*********.com|10.120.114.194|:8082... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 222034 (217K) [text/plain]
Saving to: `/tmp/slackpkg.FoU5Ah/ChangeLog.txt'
100%[======================================>] 222,034 --.-K/s in 0.02s
2009-10-08 15:37:35 (12.9 MB/s) - `/tmp/slackpkg.FoU5Ah/ChangeLog.txt' saved [222034/222034]
No changes in ChangeLog.txt between your last update and now.
Do you really want to download all other files (y/N)?
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .