Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Step by step installation for newbies | Howto
Ubuntu is a community developed operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. Whether you use it at home, at school or at work Ubuntu contains all the applications you’ll ever need, from word processing and email applications, to web server software and programming tools.
The latest release of Ubuntu is” Ubuntu 10.04 LTS lucid lynx”. If you are new to Ubuntu and you want to install it for the first time, please follow these instructions:
First download the Ubuntu cd from this Link
Run the live cd and follow the instructions as described bellow :
Note : After the installation you can customize your Ubuntu by following the instructions in this post.
Choose your Language
Choose your Time Zone
Choose Keyboard layout
When you are in this step, be careful to not erase all the data in your hard drive, There are 3 options to install :
1- If you want to use the entire hard drive to install Ubuntu then select the option one erase and use the entire hard drive
WARNING : BE CAREFUL, USING OPTION 1 WILL DELETE ALL DATA IN THE HARD DRIVE
2- Option2 : If you have windows installed in your machine, in this case you will see a 3rd option in the screen above asking you if you want to install Ubuntu by side windows
3- Option3 : If you want to use just a free partition then watch this video to see how to create a new partition to install ubuntu10.04.
Installing the system …..
Restart Now and remove your cd.
Enter Your password
You can also follow the instructions of how to install lucid lynx in this video
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...4 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .