Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Step by step installation for newbies | Howto
Ubuntu is a community developed operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. Whether you use it at home, at school or at work Ubuntu contains all the applications you’ll ever need, from word processing and email applications, to web server software and programming tools.
The latest release of Ubuntu is” Ubuntu 10.04 LTS lucid lynx”. If you are new to Ubuntu and you want to install it for the first time, please follow these instructions:
First download the Ubuntu cd from this Link
Run the live cd and follow the instructions as described bellow :
Note : After the installation you can customize your Ubuntu by following the instructions in this post.
Choose your Language
Choose your Time Zone
Choose Keyboard layout
When you are in this step, be careful to not erase all the data in your hard drive, There are 3 options to install :
1- If you want to use the entire hard drive to install Ubuntu then select the option one erase and use the entire hard drive
WARNING : BE CAREFUL, USING OPTION 1 WILL DELETE ALL DATA IN THE HARD DRIVE
2- Option2 : If you have windows installed in your machine, in this case you will see a 3rd option in the screen above asking you if you want to install Ubuntu by side windows
3- Option3 : If you want to use just a free partition then watch this video to see how to create a new partition to install ubuntu10.04.
Installing the system …..
Restart Now and remove your cd.
Enter Your password
You can also follow the instructions of how to install lucid lynx in this video
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .