Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx Step by step installation for newbies | Howto
Ubuntu is a community developed operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. Whether you use it at home, at school or at work Ubuntu contains all the applications you’ll ever need, from word processing and email applications, to web server software and programming tools.
The latest release of Ubuntu is” Ubuntu 10.04 LTS lucid lynx”. If you are new to Ubuntu and you want to install it for the first time, please follow these instructions:
First download the Ubuntu cd from this Link
Run the live cd and follow the instructions as described bellow :
Note : After the installation you can customize your Ubuntu by following the instructions in this post.
Choose your Language
Choose your Time Zone
Choose Keyboard layout
When you are in this step, be careful to not erase all the data in your hard drive, There are 3 options to install :
1- If you want to use the entire hard drive to install Ubuntu then select the option one erase and use the entire hard drive
WARNING : BE CAREFUL, USING OPTION 1 WILL DELETE ALL DATA IN THE HARD DRIVE
2- Option2 : If you have windows installed in your machine, in this case you will see a 3rd option in the screen above asking you if you want to install Ubuntu by side windows
3- Option3 : If you want to use just a free partition then watch this video to see how to create a new partition to install ubuntu10.04.
Installing the system …..
Restart Now and remove your cd.
Enter Your password
You can also follow the instructions of how to install lucid lynx in this video
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .