Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Ubun-student is renamed to "Ailurus"-New PPA repositories included-
Announced today by Ubun-student team that the name has been changed to “Ailurus” ,see the announcement :
Dear all, Ubun-student is renamed to “Ailurus”. I wish to thank all people who proposed new names for Ubun-student.
If you diden`t hear about ubum-stendent or Ailurus before, it is an application which aims at telling users Ubuntu enhancement tricks. It puts tricks in tool-tip text and “Tip of the day” window. Ailurus supports Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, 9.04 and 9.10.The latest version is Ailurus 9.12, you can find the installation instructions bellow.
- Install/remove applications. Offline installation is enabled.
- Detect speed of apt mirrors. Choose the fastest apt mirror.
- Add/remove third party repositories.
- Change hidden GNOME GConf settings.
- Customize Nautilus context menu.
- Know secrets enhancement tricks by “Tip of the day” dialog. The tricks help you use Ubuntu better.
Install Ailurus in ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala :
Open terminal and type :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ailurus
For others ubuntHardy, Intrepid and Jaunty :
If “add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus” command cannot be executed, you can install Ailurus as follows:
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 9A6FE242
Open terminal and type the command bellow to open sources.list file :
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Please add these lines if you are using Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy). If you are using Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04 or 9.10, please replace xxxxxx with “hardy” with “intrepid”, “jaunty” or “karmic”.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ailurus/ppa/ubuntu xxxxx main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ailurus/ppa/ubuntu xxxxx main
Screenshot from Airlurus website , see more screenshots here
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .