Ubun-student is renamed to "Ailurus"-New PPA repositories included-
Announced today by Ubun-student team that the name has been changed to “Ailurus” ,see the announcement :
Dear all, Ubun-student is renamed to “Ailurus”. I wish to thank all people who proposed new names for Ubun-student.
If you diden`t hear about ubum-stendent or Ailurus before, it is an application which aims at telling users Ubuntu enhancement tricks. It puts tricks in tool-tip text and “Tip of the day” window. Ailurus supports Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, 9.04 and 9.10.The latest version is Ailurus 9.12, you can find the installation instructions bellow.
- Install/remove applications. Offline installation is enabled.
- Detect speed of apt mirrors. Choose the fastest apt mirror.
- Add/remove third party repositories.
- Change hidden GNOME GConf settings.
- Customize Nautilus context menu.
- Know secrets enhancement tricks by “Tip of the day” dialog. The tricks help you use Ubuntu better.
Install Ailurus in ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala :
Open terminal and type :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ailurus
For others ubuntHardy, Intrepid and Jaunty :
If “add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus” command cannot be executed, you can install Ailurus as follows:
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 9A6FE242
Open terminal and type the command bellow to open sources.list file :
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Please add these lines if you are using Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy). If you are using Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04 or 9.10, please replace xxxxxx with “hardy” with “intrepid”, “jaunty” or “karmic”.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ailurus/ppa/ubuntu xxxxx main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ailurus/ppa/ubuntu xxxxx main
Screenshot from Airlurus website , see more screenshots here
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .