Ubun-student is renamed to "Ailurus"-New PPA repositories included-
Announced today by Ubun-student team that the name has been changed to “Ailurus” ,see the announcement :
Dear all, Ubun-student is renamed to “Ailurus”. I wish to thank all people who proposed new names for Ubun-student.
If you diden`t hear about ubum-stendent or Ailurus before, it is an application which aims at telling users Ubuntu enhancement tricks. It puts tricks in tool-tip text and “Tip of the day” window. Ailurus supports Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, 9.04 and 9.10.The latest version is Ailurus 9.12, you can find the installation instructions bellow.
- Install/remove applications. Offline installation is enabled.
- Detect speed of apt mirrors. Choose the fastest apt mirror.
- Add/remove third party repositories.
- Change hidden GNOME GConf settings.
- Customize Nautilus context menu.
- Know secrets enhancement tricks by “Tip of the day” dialog. The tricks help you use Ubuntu better.
Install Ailurus in ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala :
Open terminal and type :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ailurus
For others ubuntHardy, Intrepid and Jaunty :
If “add-apt-repository ppa:ailurus” command cannot be executed, you can install Ailurus as follows:
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com 9A6FE242
Open terminal and type the command bellow to open sources.list file :
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
Please add these lines if you are using Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy). If you are using Ubuntu 8.10, 9.04 or 9.10, please replace xxxxxx with “hardy” with “intrepid”, “jaunty” or “karmic”.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ailurus/ppa/ubuntu xxxxx main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/ailurus/ppa/ubuntu xxxxx main
Screenshot from Airlurus website , see more screenshots here
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .