Tinycore 3.2 is released !
Team Tiny Core Team announced the availability of Tiny Core Linux 3.2. This release comes with many updates and improvements ( See changelog bellow). If you didn`t hear about Tinycore before, it is :
What`s New in Tinycore 3.2?
- Updated busybox to 1.17.2 + patches.
- Improved language translation support in Appsaudit, Wallpaper, and Swapfile.
- Updated AppBrowser, all tabs now allows mouse “select for copy”.
- Updated System Stats, all tabs now allows mouse “select for copy”.
- Updated Appsaudit & Appbrowser to eliminate trailing null item in FLTK browser widget.
- Updated tce-load now handles case of missing dependency file.
- Updated filetool.sh: -d for dry run option, comparerestore boot code, and improved encryped backup.
- Updated filetool GUI to support options of None/Backup/Safe.
- Updated tc-config: moved ‘protect’ and ‘secure’ after extension loading to support alternate layout keyboards.
- Updated AppsAudit OnDemand logic so no reboot required to move from OnBoot to OnDemand.
- Updated ondemand script for selection and removals of freedesktop items and improved pathing.
- Updated ondemand to handle freedesktop while also using wbar.
- Updated inittab-save with askfirst for tty3-6 for memory savings when using multivt boot code.
- Fixed inconsistency with X-FullPathIcon in .desktop-tinycore items.
- Removed stats.txt from /opt/.xfiletool.lst
- Added ondemand directory to PATH.
Note: You will need to update your .profile to get ondemand PATH update.
cp /etc/skel/.profile ~/.profile
Download TinyCore 3.2: http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/3.x/release/tinycore_3.2.iso
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .