Tiny Core Linux 3.3 is released!
Tiny Core 3.3 is now available. this new release brings a lot of bugfixes, updated scripts and applications, and various improvements. Tiny Core now supports data centric view by way of the new integrated GUI file manager with associations and a GUI editor. Also new is much finer control of launcher icons and launcher placement. Many other improvements throughout the system while still staying miniscule at 10.6MB.
* New FLTK integrated file manager, fluff, file associations, i.e, double click to edit/run directly from file manager.
* New FLTK minimal editor, on System Tools menu, and called via File Manager configurable file associations.
* Updated AppBrowser – integrated setdrive. A “Set” button is initialized when Cloud Mode is detected.
* New wbarconf replaces wbar_exclude. Manage all icons (system and ondemand), as well as bar placement.
* New wbar_mv_icon for support of wbarconf.
* Updated ondemand, appsaudit, and wbar_setup for single ondemand dir – dropped ondemand.ico/
* Updated flwm_initmenu – to support combined single ondemand directory.
* New flwm_ondemand – to support combined single ondemand directory.
* Updated cpanel WbarConf replaces TCE Update.
* Updated and reorganized boot help screens f2 f3 f4
* Updated Control Panel reorganization. Moved more frequently used items to the System Tools menu.
Moved AppsAudit to System Tools menu.
Moved Run Command to System Tools menu.
* Updated System Tools menu reorganization. Moved less frequently used items to Control Panel.
Moved PPI Setup to Control Panel
Moved TermServer Setup to Control panel.
* Updated wbar for new file manager icon, removable via the new wbarconf.
* Updated wbar for new AppsAudit & MntToolicons.
* New boot code nozswap – Skip compressed swap in ram.
* New tce-run – load and run tcz, e.g., tce-run xmms, This is the association to run .tcz directly from file manager.
* Updated tce-audit to support default pathing and ext (.tcz) greatly improves CLI usage.
* Updated tce-load to un-mount meta (empty) extensions.
* Updated tce-setdrive to support call via AppBrowser.
* Updated tc-config – dropped settime boot code.
* Updated tc-config – moved wait_scsi_scan inside nofstab check.
* Updated ondemand generated scripts to pass command line arguments.
* Deleted unused /etc/udev/rules/64-md-raid.rules
About Tiny Core:
“Tiny Core Linux is a very small (10 MB) minimal Linux desktop. It is based on Linux 2.6 kernel, BusyBox, Tiny X, FLTK graphical user interface and flwm window manager, running entirely in memory. It is not a complete desktop, nor is all hardware completely supported; it represents only the core needed to boot into a very minimal X Window desktop, typically with wired Internet access. This minimal desktop can be extended by installing additional applications from online repositories.”
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .