Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Remote desktop from Linux to windows using rdesktop and gnome-rdp
How to connect to a remote desktop from a Linux machine to windows XP , windows 2003 server , Vista or windows 7.? This question is frenquently asked by linux users especialy the newbies that want to discover more linux.
There are many tools that make it easy to connect to a remote computer, rdesktop and Gnome-rdp is one of them, are simple and easy to use.
First check that your windows allow user to connet remotely to the machine,
rdesktop is a nice and very simple remote desktop tool, from the command line install itusing the command :
- For debian-ubuntu-Mint
apt-get install rdesktop (debian-ubuntu-Mint)
yum install rdesktop
- For Opensuse
Zypper in rdesktop
- For Slackware
slackget install rdesktop
Connect to remote wndows machine with
#rdesktop 10.12.13.14 (-f for Full mode screen)
to exit from the fullmode and back to linux desktop (ALT+CTRL+ENTER)
Back to windows Desktop again (ALT+CTRL+ENTER)
The other wondefull tool is Gnone-rdp
Gnome-rdp is available in the repositories of most linux distributions, you can install it the same as redesktop (For example ubuntu use : sudo apt-get install gnome-rdp, fedora , yum install gnome-rdp ….)
now should be under appalictions > Internet
start the program and then start the connexion,is realy nice tool .
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .