Remote desktop from Linux to windows using rdesktop and gnome-rdp
How to connect to a remote desktop from a Linux machine to windows XP , windows 2003 server , Vista or windows 7.? This question is frenquently asked by linux users especialy the newbies that want to discover more linux.
There are many tools that make it easy to connect to a remote computer, rdesktop and Gnome-rdp is one of them, are simple and easy to use.
First check that your windows allow user to connet remotely to the machine,
rdesktop is a nice and very simple remote desktop tool, from the command line install itusing the command :
- For debian-ubuntu-Mint
apt-get install rdesktop (debian-ubuntu-Mint)
yum install rdesktop
- For Opensuse
Zypper in rdesktop
- For Slackware
slackget install rdesktop
Connect to remote wndows machine with
#rdesktop 10.12.13.14 (-f for Full mode screen)
to exit from the fullmode and back to linux desktop (ALT+CTRL+ENTER)
Back to windows Desktop again (ALT+CTRL+ENTER)
The other wondefull tool is Gnone-rdp
Gnome-rdp is available in the repositories of most linux distributions, you can install it the same as redesktop (For example ubuntu use : sudo apt-get install gnome-rdp, fedora , yum install gnome-rdp ….)
now should be under appalictions > Internet
start the program and then start the connexion,is realy nice tool .
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .