Remote desktop from Linux to windows using rdesktop and gnome-rdp
How to connect to a remote desktop from a Linux machine to windows XP , windows 2003 server , Vista or windows 7.? This question is frenquently asked by linux users especialy the newbies that want to discover more linux.
There are many tools that make it easy to connect to a remote computer, rdesktop and Gnome-rdp is one of them, are simple and easy to use.
First check that your windows allow user to connet remotely to the machine,
rdesktop is a nice and very simple remote desktop tool, from the command line install itusing the command :
- For debian-ubuntu-Mint
apt-get install rdesktop (debian-ubuntu-Mint)
yum install rdesktop
- For Opensuse
Zypper in rdesktop
- For Slackware
slackget install rdesktop
Connect to remote wndows machine with
#rdesktop 10.12.13.14 (-f for Full mode screen)
to exit from the fullmode and back to linux desktop (ALT+CTRL+ENTER)
Back to windows Desktop again (ALT+CTRL+ENTER)
The other wondefull tool is Gnone-rdp
Gnome-rdp is available in the repositories of most linux distributions, you can install it the same as redesktop (For example ubuntu use : sudo apt-get install gnome-rdp, fedora , yum install gnome-rdp ….)
now should be under appalictions > Internet
start the program and then start the connexion,is realy nice tool .
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...2 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .