Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
OpenArena 0.8.5 Is Out !
While the ioquake3-powered OpenArena game is not as advanced or popular as say Nexuiz, it is a fairly popular free software game amongst those using an open-source Mesa3D driver stack. It’s not too graphically rich yet provides competitive and fun FPS game-play — it can also be used for Mesa driver benchmarking.
The last notable release of OpenArena was OpenArena 0.8.1 and it came way back near the end of 2008. Since then there hasn’t been anything in the way of major developments to report on, but today they have jumped to OpenArena 0.8.5 and have released it as a patch.
OpenArena 0.8.5 offers new effects (rocket smoke, shotgun sparks, flares), new maps, improvements to existing maps, improved CTF skins, and new skins for other in-game characters.
Details on the OpenArena 0.8.5 patch along with Linux download
links can be found in the OpenArena Forums.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .