Nagios-XI primarily makes the nagios tool and its GUI available for non-skilled users that dont have any affinity with linux. Its a VMware image that you can boot easily using a VMware player. Next thing you need to do is configure an IP (with extended manual) and open your explorer. The rest is done from there, pre-configured and working without a hassle.
The Nagios XI is a VM package meaning that you will download a virtual machine with all the required settings pre-configured for you.
Whats is new in this product :
- Redesigned Web Interface: New Gui interface iwth constumization and prefences for every user conncted to the nagios portal
- Dashboards: Verry strong dachbords giving you accees to repporting tools and informatios status, that makes showing critical data easy and in 1 screen
- Views:r. Configure your view that you can access directly to you needed information , you can always configure yoiu view and and edit your actual view to make it easier
- Performance Graphs: Nagios generates Graphics making easy control of your servers ,Graphia are showing memery consumption , processor in use , disk in use and other.
- Database Backend: Integrated database backend and APIs allow for powerful behind-the-scenes access to monitoring and configuration data.
- Web Configuration GUI: fron the web inerface you can manage the processes and the configurations , no more command lines needed
- Advanced User Management: from this inerface you can manages user with with (add-remove-change shell ….) and send them email from thre .
- Non-Stop Operations: this is like backup configuration, that give you the chance to go back to old configurations if you your actual configuration is damaged..
- Extendable Architecture: this is for specialists , here you can improve your nagios monitoring with editing APIS and contribue in NagiosXI developpement
The NagiosXI is not a free prodcut , but still open source for devellepement :
|Red more here|