Install Nagios 3.2.3 in Fedora 14 from source
Nagios is a popular open source computer system and network monitoring software application. It watches hosts and services, alerting users when things go wrong and again when they get better.
Nagios was originally designed to run under Linux, but also runs well on other Unix variants. It is free software, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This post show you how to install NAGIOS 3.2.3 in Fedora14
I -First step :
This installation has been tested by unixmen team in Fedora14/Cenots5.5/RHEL6/ .
1- First install some requered tools :
yum groupinstall “Development Libraries” “Development Tools”
yum install gd gd-devel jpeg-devel rrdtools-devel
2- Create nagios user :
#/usr/sbin/useradd -m nagios
3- Add nagcmd group
/usr/sbin/usermod -a -G nagcmd nagios
/usr/sbin/usermod -a -G nagcmd apache
4- Now go to http://www.nagios.org download these files .
tar -zxvf nagios-3.2.3.tar.gz
#make all; make install; make install-init; make install-config; make install-commandmode; make install-webconf
5- Edit your email admin address :
To edit your email adress you need to edit the contact.cfg file
6- Create a nagiosadmin account for logging into the Nagios web interfaceassign to this you’ll need it later.
htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin
enter the password.
7- Restart the httpd server :
#Service httpd restart
The second step : Extract and install plugins
1- Go to the folder where you downloaded nagios tools, and extract the nagios-plugin file
tar -zxvf nagios-plugins-1.4.15.tar.gz
2- cd nagios-plugins, then make and make install
./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagcmd
make; make install
3- Now you have to add nagios to Chkconfig
chkconfig --add nagios
chkconfig nagios on
4- Verify if you have a good config of nagios with the command
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
5- Check if there are no errors displayed; then start nagios with command :
service nagios start
To simplify the procedure please disable the selinux and iptables and ip6tables
now open your browser and http://localhost/nagios orr http://ip/nagios
For any question please open a new threat on the forum or comment the article. Thanks
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .