Install Nagios 3.2.3 in Fedora 14 from source
Nagios is a popular open source computer system and network monitoring software application. It watches hosts and services, alerting users when things go wrong and again when they get better.
Nagios was originally designed to run under Linux, but also runs well on other Unix variants. It is free software, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This post show you how to install NAGIOS 3.2.3 in Fedora14
I -First step :
This installation has been tested by unixmen team in Fedora14/Cenots5.5/RHEL6/ .
1- First install some requered tools :
yum groupinstall “Development Libraries” “Development Tools”
yum install gd gd-devel jpeg-devel rrdtools-devel
2- Create nagios user :
#/usr/sbin/useradd -m nagios
3- Add nagcmd group
/usr/sbin/usermod -a -G nagcmd nagios
/usr/sbin/usermod -a -G nagcmd apache
4- Now go to http://www.nagios.org download these files .
tar -zxvf nagios-3.2.3.tar.gz
#make all; make install; make install-init; make install-config; make install-commandmode; make install-webconf
5- Edit your email admin address :
To edit your email adress you need to edit the contact.cfg file
6- Create a nagiosadmin account for logging into the Nagios web interfaceassign to this you’ll need it later.
htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin
enter the password.
7- Restart the httpd server :
#Service httpd restart
The second step : Extract and install plugins
1- Go to the folder where you downloaded nagios tools, and extract the nagios-plugin file
tar -zxvf nagios-plugins-1.4.15.tar.gz
2- cd nagios-plugins, then make and make install
./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagcmd
make; make install
3- Now you have to add nagios to Chkconfig
chkconfig --add nagios
chkconfig nagios on
4- Verify if you have a good config of nagios with the command
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
5- Check if there are no errors displayed; then start nagios with command :
service nagios start
To simplify the procedure please disable the selinux and iptables and ip6tables
now open your browser and http://localhost/nagios orr http://ip/nagios
For any question please open a new threat on the forum or comment the article. Thanks
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .