Install Nagios 3.2.3 in Fedora 14 from source
Nagios is a popular open source computer system and network monitoring software application. It watches hosts and services, alerting users when things go wrong and again when they get better.
Nagios was originally designed to run under Linux, but also runs well on other Unix variants. It is free software, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation.
This post show you how to install NAGIOS 3.2.3 in Fedora14
I -First step :
This installation has been tested by unixmen team in Fedora14/Cenots5.5/RHEL6/ .
1- First install some requered tools :
yum groupinstall “Development Libraries” “Development Tools”
yum install gd gd-devel jpeg-devel rrdtools-devel
2- Create nagios user :
#/usr/sbin/useradd -m nagios
3- Add nagcmd group
/usr/sbin/usermod -a -G nagcmd nagios
/usr/sbin/usermod -a -G nagcmd apache
4- Now go to http://www.nagios.org download these files .
tar -zxvf nagios-3.2.3.tar.gz
#make all; make install; make install-init; make install-config; make install-commandmode; make install-webconf
5- Edit your email admin address :
To edit your email adress you need to edit the contact.cfg file
6- Create a nagiosadmin account for logging into the Nagios web interfaceassign to this you’ll need it later.
htpasswd -c /usr/local/nagios/etc/htpasswd.users nagiosadmin
enter the password.
7- Restart the httpd server :
#Service httpd restart
The second step : Extract and install plugins
1- Go to the folder where you downloaded nagios tools, and extract the nagios-plugin file
tar -zxvf nagios-plugins-1.4.15.tar.gz
2- cd nagios-plugins, then make and make install
./configure --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-group=nagcmd
make; make install
3- Now you have to add nagios to Chkconfig
chkconfig --add nagios
chkconfig nagios on
4- Verify if you have a good config of nagios with the command
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
5- Check if there are no errors displayed; then start nagios with command :
service nagios start
To simplify the procedure please disable the selinux and iptables and ip6tables
now open your browser and http://localhost/nagios orr http://ip/nagios
For any question please open a new threat on the forum or comment the article. Thanks
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- Setup Secure FTP Server With MySecureShell
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .