Install VirtualBox via PPA repository in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat | Added support to X.Org Server 1.9
Few days ago VirtualBox 3.2.10 was released, this release comes with many improvements and bug fix, also there is a good news for Maverick meerkat users, this release comes with support X.Org Server 1.9, this mean that you got no problem any more with guest additions in ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat.
Read the changelog for more details
Install VirtualBox via PPA repository in ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
To install VirtualBox in Ubuntu 10.10 maverick meerkat, you need to add the non free repository.
1-Open terminal and copy the command bellow :
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian maverick non-free"
2- Add the verification key, Copy this command :
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3- Now update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install virtualbox-3.2
This command will install the latest stable version of VirtualBox3.2.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .