Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install Syscp control panel in ubuntu
SysCP (“System Control Panel”) is a software for administration of webservers based on and written in PHP and MySQL. It offers a web-based front end for customers of internet service providers but also for simple users, (for example you can use it for personal use, if you have your own webserver (ubuntu or Debian) home and you have to manage multiple website, Syscp look a good solution for you), enabling them to manage their email addresses, domains and databases.
The software contains configuration templates for use with Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE and Gentoo Linux but it is possible to run it on any PHP/MySQL based system, as for example FreeBSD. Supported services are (among others) Apache HTTP Server, lighttpd, MySQL, PHP, Postfix and Courier or Dovecot for Mail-Services, Bind9 as nameserver. Further services and extensions can be integrated seamlessly into the configuration of services administered with SysCP; for example ClamA
Other free control panels areavailable and can be used also for home servers with one or multiple hosted domains :
AlternC – DTC (Domain Technologie Control) – ISPConfig – Ravencore ….and more
Lets start to install syscp :
First add the debiann package to sourcelist
deb http://debian.syscp.org/ lenny/
and run update with
#sudo apt-get update
install the package with his dependencies :
#sudo apt-get install syscp
in the install will ask you to input the root mysql passord
after this open your browser and type :
http://ip/syscp or http://host/syscp or localhost/syscp
Now before your go on futher ; you have to create databae named syscp with user syscp
Now before to go further we have to create datasebase syscp via phpmyadmin
databse = syscp
user syscp who have full access for syscp database.
back to http://host:syscp
Now back to fist page .fillin the informations and then click next
click Next :
now everything is Fine :
klok login to join the admin page .
Login and add your settings :
For any question please post it in the forum.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .