Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install more than 100 games with one command using Djl
Djl is an open-source (GPL licensed) game manager written in Python 2.5 for the GNU/Linux Operating Systems. It is inspired by Valve’s Steam software for Windows.
Djl makes it possible (via a repository) to download, install and remove a reasonable number of games placed into a distrobution independent subdirectory (but without dealing with any dependencies). It can also execute ,desktop shortcuts located in another directory.
Actually Djl have more that 105 game in his repository, games like Alien Arena, Blood Frontier……..,
To install Djl download the tar file from this link :
then download the latest version djl-1.2.14.tar.gz
Now before to install the game be sure that these dependencies are installed :
If the dependencies are not installed then use :
For fedora/redhat/centos, under root :
yum install python python-qt4
For Ubuntu :
sudo apt-get install python python-qt4
Now after the dependecies are installed we will extract the downloaded file djl-1.2.14.tar.gz
tar -zxvf djl-1.2.14.tar.gz
Go to the folder where you extracted the tar file :
And launch the installation using this command :
Please indicate the install directory and location of your browser
the script will contact the Linux games servers and download some games for you , plus their
plugins and chat between gamers.
Now once the games are installed, they can be launched from main window, which not only
contains games that are installed from the repository, but also shortcuts as .desktop files.
Enjoy and if you like it, don`t forget to digg it :)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .