Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13
Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform that uses Linux as operating system, Apache as the Web server, MySQL as the relational database management system and PHP as the object-oriented scripting language.
We did show you in our previous post how to install LAMP in Ubuntu 10.04 with one command using tasksel command. It is a software installation application that is an integral part of the Debian installer and works under Ubuntu Linux too. It groups some packages by tasks and offers the user an easy way to install the packages for that task. It provides the same functionality as using conventional meta-packages. in Maverick this command dosn`t come by default, so we need to install it first before to perform the LAMP installation.
This tutorial was has been tested on Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin. Also tested in LinuxMint13 and works fine.
Open terminal and Type the command :install it first with
sudo apt-get install tasksel
Now to install LAMP, type the taskel command in terminal :
And select LAMP Server:
During the installation you will be asked to insert the mysql root password
Now check if php is working :
$sudo vi /var/www/info.php
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
save and exit
restart apache2 ,
#sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Now open browser and type :
http://ip/info.php or http://localhost/info.php
Php is installed.
To full manage your lamp Server database, install phpmyadmin
sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
To login to phpmyadmin, open browser and type :
http://ip/phpmyadmin or http://localhost/phpmyadmin
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .