Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13
Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform that uses Linux as operating system, Apache as the Web server, MySQL as the relational database management system and PHP as the object-oriented scripting language.
We did show you in our previous post how to install LAMP in Ubuntu 10.04 with one command using tasksel command. It is a software installation application that is an integral part of the Debian installer and works under Ubuntu Linux too. It groups some packages by tasks and offers the user an easy way to install the packages for that task. It provides the same functionality as using conventional meta-packages. in Maverick this command dosn`t come by default, so we need to install it first before to perform the LAMP installation.
This tutorial was has been tested on Ubuntu 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, 11.10, 12.04 LTS Precise Pangolin. Also tested in LinuxMint13 and works fine.
Open terminal and Type the command :install it first with
sudo apt-get install tasksel
Now to install LAMP, type the taskel command in terminal :
And select LAMP Server:
During the installation you will be asked to insert the mysql root password
Now check if php is working :
$sudo vi /var/www/info.php
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
save and exit
restart apache2 ,
#sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
Now open browser and type :
http://ip/info.php or http://localhost/info.php
Php is installed.
To full manage your lamp Server database, install phpmyadmin
sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin
To login to phpmyadmin, open browser and type :
http://ip/phpmyadmin or http://localhost/phpmyadmin
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .