Install KDE 4.4 In Opensuse 11.2
Today KDE announces the immediate availability of the KDE Software Compilation 4.4, “Caikaku”, bringing an innovative collection of applications to Free Software users. Major new technologies have been introduced, including social networking and online collaboration features, a new netbook-oriented interface and infrastructural innovations such as the KAuth authentication framework. According to KDE’s bug-tracking system, 7293 bugs have been fixed and 1433 new feature requests were implemented. The KDE community would like to thank everybody who has helped to make this release possible.
How to install The KDE 4.4 in Opensuse 10.2
su -c ‘zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2/ openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Desktop’
You can set this repository to auto refresh (this is optional).
su -c ‘zypper mr -r openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Desktop’
Now upgrade to everything in this repository
su -c ‘zypper dup -r openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Desktop’
This is highly suggested to get all the upgraded community based packages.
Now add the Community Repository:
su -c ‘zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2_KDE4_Factory_Desktop/ openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Community’
Again this option step of making it automatically refresh:
su -c ‘zypper mr -r openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Community’
Upgrade to everything in this repository
su -c ‘zypper dup -r openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Community’
For openSUSE 11.0 and 11.1, just replace the 11.2 in all the above commands and you’ll be set.
The above steps could be done in the GUI using YaST and its Repositories Module and Software Installation Modules.
Add the required Kubuntu Beta Repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
Update the repository:
sudo apt-get update
Upgrade to the packages in the repository:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Source : KDE, freetechie.com
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .