Install KDE 4.4 In Opensuse 11.2
Today KDE announces the immediate availability of the KDE Software Compilation 4.4, “Caikaku”, bringing an innovative collection of applications to Free Software users. Major new technologies have been introduced, including social networking and online collaboration features, a new netbook-oriented interface and infrastructural innovations such as the KAuth authentication framework. According to KDE’s bug-tracking system, 7293 bugs have been fixed and 1433 new feature requests were implemented. The KDE community would like to thank everybody who has helped to make this release possible.
How to install The KDE 4.4 in Opensuse 10.2
su -c ‘zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.2/ openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Desktop’
You can set this repository to auto refresh (this is optional).
su -c ‘zypper mr -r openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Desktop’
Now upgrade to everything in this repository
su -c ‘zypper dup -r openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Desktop’
This is highly suggested to get all the upgraded community based packages.
Now add the Community Repository:
su -c ‘zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2_KDE4_Factory_Desktop/ openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Community’
Again this option step of making it automatically refresh:
su -c ‘zypper mr -r openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Community’
Upgrade to everything in this repository
su -c ‘zypper dup -r openSUSE 11.2 KDE4 Factory Community’
For openSUSE 11.0 and 11.1, just replace the 11.2 in all the above commands and you’ll be set.
The above steps could be done in the GUI using YaST and its Repositories Module and Software Installation Modules.
Add the required Kubuntu Beta Repository:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
Update the repository:
sudo apt-get update
Upgrade to the packages in the repository:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Source : KDE, freetechie.com
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats : Selene is yet another project from the TimeShift Developer Tony George. It is an audio/video convert...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .