Fix Virtualbox guest addition installation issue in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
To customize ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, check our post : Top things to do after installing Ubuntu 10.10 Marevick Meerkat
To activate the fullscreen mode in a virtualbox machine, we need to install Guest additions in the guest OS. If you are testing Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat in virtualBox , you may notice that guest additions are not working, it seems that the problem is the new xserver they put in ubuntu10.10, the modules are not build against this new version (See screenshot bellow). To fix this issue i used the methode bellow to install Guest additions in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, this methode consist on installing a new xserver display packages which works well.
Open terminal and enter the commands bellow:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
After installation is finished, restart your virtualBox machine then go to System –>Preferences –>Monitors and change the resolution of your screen.
Update : VirtualBox 3.2.10 is released. This release Added support to X.Org Server 1.9, so to fix the guest addition issue you just need to upgrade your virtualbox to the current release.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .