Fix Virtualbox guest addition installation issue in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat
To customize ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, check our post : Top things to do after installing Ubuntu 10.10 Marevick Meerkat
To activate the fullscreen mode in a virtualbox machine, we need to install Guest additions in the guest OS. If you are testing Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat in virtualBox , you may notice that guest additions are not working, it seems that the problem is the new xserver they put in ubuntu10.10, the modules are not build against this new version (See screenshot bellow). To fix this issue i used the methode bellow to install Guest additions in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, this methode consist on installing a new xserver display packages which works well.
Open terminal and enter the commands bellow:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-$(uname -r)
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-ose-guest-x11
After installation is finished, restart your virtualBox machine then go to System –>Preferences –>Monitors and change the resolution of your screen.
Update : VirtualBox 3.2.10 is released. This release Added support to X.Org Server 1.9, so to fix the guest addition issue you just need to upgrade your virtualbox to the current release.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .