Install flash64 in linux -TO DO-
With Adobe re-starting their 64bit Flash testing, Linux users are once again able to benefit from native flash on their 64bit desktops.
Installing it isn’t a great chore, as we outlined previously, but if you’re a PPA-kinda dude or dudette then a PPA maintained by SevenMachines is available for ease of use.
Installing 64bit Flash in Ubuntu via a PPA
I used to use this PPA myself so I can attest to the fact that it is a) genuine and b) works. Seeing that it was now updated with the latest version of 64bit Flash I couldn’t resist sharing!
Maverick, Lucid & Karmic users can add it via the following command below. Note that it *will* uninstall any 32bit version of Flash you have installed prior to replacement.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sevenmachines/flash
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install flashplugin64-installer
Installing 64bit Flash in Ubuntu using a .deb
If the idea of adding a PPA is a little bit excessive for your needs you can, of course, just download the relevant .deb file from SevenMachine’s PPA instead.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .