Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install flash64 in linux -TO DO-
With Adobe re-starting their 64bit Flash testing, Linux users are once again able to benefit from native flash on their 64bit desktops.
Installing it isn’t a great chore, as we outlined previously, but if you’re a PPA-kinda dude or dudette then a PPA maintained by SevenMachines is available for ease of use.
Installing 64bit Flash in Ubuntu via a PPA
I used to use this PPA myself so I can attest to the fact that it is a) genuine and b) works. Seeing that it was now updated with the latest version of 64bit Flash I couldn’t resist sharing!
Maverick, Lucid & Karmic users can add it via the following command below. Note that it *will* uninstall any 32bit version of Flash you have installed prior to replacement.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sevenmachines/flash
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install flashplugin64-installer
Installing 64bit Flash in Ubuntu using a .deb
If the idea of adding a PPA is a little bit excessive for your needs you can, of course, just download the relevant .deb file from SevenMachine’s PPA instead.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .