Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install Dreamweaver CS4 in Ubuntu/debian
Build world-class websites and applications with one of the industry’s leading web authoring tools. Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 software is ideal for web designers, web developers, and visual designers. Manipulate pixel-level designs in Design view, or craft complex code in Code view while working in the real browser environment of Live View. There is no linux version for Dreamweaver, but there are many open source alternative for this product like Kompozer, bluefish ….
Now we will try to run it under Linux (ubuntu or debian)
you should have installed CS4 under windows because we need this directory to complete the installtion
now we need to download some packages to help us . :
1- Install wine
$sudo apt-get install wine winecfg
now we begin to copy folder from windows to ubuntu .
2-navigate to C:Program Files. Copy the whole ‘Adobe‘ folder to Ubuntu /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files folder.
3- copy C:Documents and Settingsyour-windows-user-nameApplication Data to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/All Users/Application Data/
4-copy C:Program FilesCommon Files to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files
5- copy C:WINDOWSsystem32 to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
6-copy Winsxs from C:windows to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/ (this folder is verry important)
7- import the registery to wine
from windows for to start and Run (regedit)
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE->Adobe->Dreamweaver ; Right click on the ‘Dreamweaver‘ folder and select ‘Export’. Save the file as dreamweaver.reg and copy this file to ubuntu home directory and you need to coinvet the registery file to ASII file (recode)
$sudo apt-get install recode
recode is : (Conversion between character sets and surfaces)
$recode ucs-2..ascii dreamweaver.reg
$wine regedit dreamweaver.reg
Now you have successfully copied all needed files to run your installation succefully.
lets give a test :
$cd .wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/
Should be lunching the programe now.
N.B : Unixmen Team advise you to use opensource products, so try first the open source dreamweaver alternatives
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .