Install Dreamweaver CS4 in Ubuntu/debian
Build world-class websites and applications with one of the industry’s leading web authoring tools. Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 software is ideal for web designers, web developers, and visual designers. Manipulate pixel-level designs in Design view, or craft complex code in Code view while working in the real browser environment of Live View. There is no linux version for Dreamweaver, but there are many open source alternative for this product like Kompozer, bluefish ….
Now we will try to run it under Linux (ubuntu or debian)
you should have installed CS4 under windows because we need this directory to complete the installtion
now we need to download some packages to help us . :
1- Install wine
$sudo apt-get install wine winecfg
now we begin to copy folder from windows to ubuntu .
2-navigate to C:Program Files. Copy the whole ‘Adobe‘ folder to Ubuntu /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files folder.
3- copy C:Documents and Settingsyour-windows-user-nameApplication Data to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/All Users/Application Data/
4-copy C:Program FilesCommon Files to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files
5- copy C:WINDOWSsystem32 to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
6-copy Winsxs from C:windows to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/ (this folder is verry important)
7- import the registery to wine
from windows for to start and Run (regedit)
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE->Adobe->Dreamweaver ; Right click on the ‘Dreamweaver‘ folder and select ‘Export’. Save the file as dreamweaver.reg and copy this file to ubuntu home directory and you need to coinvet the registery file to ASII file (recode)
$sudo apt-get install recode
recode is : (Conversion between character sets and surfaces)
$recode ucs-2..ascii dreamweaver.reg
$wine regedit dreamweaver.reg
Now you have successfully copied all needed files to run your installation succefully.
lets give a test :
$cd .wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/
Should be lunching the programe now.
N.B : Unixmen Team advise you to use opensource products, so try first the open source dreamweaver alternatives
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .