Install Dreamweaver CS4 in Ubuntu/debian
Build world-class websites and applications with one of the industry’s leading web authoring tools. Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 software is ideal for web designers, web developers, and visual designers. Manipulate pixel-level designs in Design view, or craft complex code in Code view while working in the real browser environment of Live View. There is no linux version for Dreamweaver, but there are many open source alternative for this product like Kompozer, bluefish ….
Now we will try to run it under Linux (ubuntu or debian)
you should have installed CS4 under windows because we need this directory to complete the installtion
now we need to download some packages to help us . :
1- Install wine
$sudo apt-get install wine winecfg
now we begin to copy folder from windows to ubuntu .
2-navigate to C:Program Files. Copy the whole ‘Adobe‘ folder to Ubuntu /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files folder.
3- copy C:Documents and Settingsyour-windows-user-nameApplication Data to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/profiles/All Users/Application Data/
4-copy C:Program FilesCommon Files to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Common Files
5- copy C:WINDOWSsystem32 to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
6-copy Winsxs from C:windows to /home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/ (this folder is verry important)
7- import the registery to wine
from windows for to start and Run (regedit)
go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE->Adobe->Dreamweaver ; Right click on the ‘Dreamweaver‘ folder and select ‘Export’. Save the file as dreamweaver.reg and copy this file to ubuntu home directory and you need to coinvet the registery file to ASII file (recode)
$sudo apt-get install recode
recode is : (Conversion between character sets and surfaces)
$recode ucs-2..ascii dreamweaver.reg
$wine regedit dreamweaver.reg
Now you have successfully copied all needed files to run your installation succefully.
lets give a test :
$cd .wine/drive_c/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/
Should be lunching the programe now.
N.B : Unixmen Team advise you to use opensource products, so try first the open source dreamweaver alternatives
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...2 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .