Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install Cairo-Dock 2.1.3 in ubuntu|Fedora
Cairo-Dock 2.1.3 is out ! the official announcement published today in launchpad. In this new version the most visible change is probably the new configuration panel, which has been refined. This version is also the opportunity to fix a lot of the existing problems (smoother auto-hide, automatic detection of indirect rendering for Intel/ATI cards, etc). Few other changes will also make your dock looks more polish and convenient :Thumnbails of windows now have an emblem to help recognize the application.
Icons pointing on sub-docks can display the sub-dock’s content to quickly know what is inside the sub-dock.
When an application demands your attention, only its icon will appear when the dock is hidden,
so that you are quietly notified of any event even when your dock is hidden.
The ShowDesktop applet lets you change the resolution of the screen in 1 click.
The Dnd2Share applet which is used to quickly share some text/picture/video/files can now directly
sends the clipboard’s content (like an instant screenshot).
Download and Install Cairo-Dock
For Ubuntu :
echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-team/ppa/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) main ## Cairo-Dock-PPA" |
sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys E80D6BF5
sudo apt-get update
Now install Cairo dock and plugins
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
Open terminal and type the commands bellow :
Then type the command :
rpm -ivh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
And install the dock
yum install cairo-dock*
Related Articles by Tag:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux : A gateway is a node or a router that acts as an access point to passes network data from local netwo...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Setup the Raspberry Pi as a NAS
- How to Monitor Filesystem Events with incron
- Useful Commands for Linux Users – Episode 6
- Deadly Linux Commands
- Determine Your Specifications from Command-Line
- Automatically Change the Desktop Wallpaper Using Variety on Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- How to Find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup Server Using rsnapshot
- How to Disable/Change Default PDF Viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .