Install Cairo-Dock 2.1.3 in ubuntu|Fedora
Cairo-Dock 2.1.3 is out ! the official announcement published today in launchpad. In this new version the most visible change is probably the new configuration panel, which has been refined. This version is also the opportunity to fix a lot of the existing problems (smoother auto-hide, automatic detection of indirect rendering for Intel/ATI cards, etc). Few other changes will also make your dock looks more polish and convenient :Thumnbails of windows now have an emblem to help recognize the application.
Icons pointing on sub-docks can display the sub-dock’s content to quickly know what is inside the sub-dock.
When an application demands your attention, only its icon will appear when the dock is hidden,
so that you are quietly notified of any event even when your dock is hidden.
The ShowDesktop applet lets you change the resolution of the screen in 1 click.
The Dnd2Share applet which is used to quickly share some text/picture/video/files can now directly
sends the clipboard’s content (like an instant screenshot).
Download and Install Cairo-Dock
For Ubuntu :
echo "deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/cairo-dock-team/ppa/ubuntu $(lsb_release -sc) main ## Cairo-Dock-PPA" |
sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys E80D6BF5
sudo apt-get update
Now install Cairo dock and plugins
sudo apt-get install cairo-dock cairo-dock-plug-ins
Open terminal and type the commands bellow :
Then type the command :
rpm -ivh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
And install the dock
yum install cairo-dock*
Related Articles by Tag:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .