Install vsftpd in ubuntu|debian |linuxMint
vsftpd, which stands for “Very Secure FTP Daemon”, is an FTP server for Unix-like systems, including Linux. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License. It supports IPv6 and SSL. Since version 2.0.7 vsftpd supports explicit and implicit FTPS.
Despite being small for purposes of speed and security, many more complicated FTP setups are achievable with vsftpd! By no means an exclusive list, vsftpd will handle:
- Virtual IP configurations
- Virtual users
- Standalone or inetd operation
- Powerful per-user configurability
- Bandwidth throttling
- Per-source-IP configurability
- Per-source-IP limits
- Encryption support through SSL integration
- and more ………………..
vsftpd is the default FTP server in some Linux distributions.
this installation should be working for al debian based distribution or Debian , or mint ..
install vsftpd with this command:
$sudo apt-get install vsftpd
Change the setting as the following.
# If you allow anonymous login thenanonymous_enable=YES
# If you do not allow anonymous login then
# Users are allowed to walk around at his directory onlychroot_local_user=YES
Restart vsFTPd.sudo /etc/init.d/vsftpd restart
Now connect to the ftp server host via the command line .$ftp ip-adress or hostname
of via ftp gui client
Please repport any issue or question in our Forum
Pirat9 from Unixmen team
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .