Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Install vsftpd in ubuntu|debian |linuxMint
vsftpd, which stands for “Very Secure FTP Daemon”, is an FTP server for Unix-like systems, including Linux. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License. It supports IPv6 and SSL. Since version 2.0.7 vsftpd supports explicit and implicit FTPS.
Despite being small for purposes of speed and security, many more complicated FTP setups are achievable with vsftpd! By no means an exclusive list, vsftpd will handle:
- Virtual IP configurations
- Virtual users
- Standalone or inetd operation
- Powerful per-user configurability
- Bandwidth throttling
- Per-source-IP configurability
- Per-source-IP limits
- Encryption support through SSL integration
- and more ………………..
vsftpd is the default FTP server in some Linux distributions.
this installation should be working for al debian based distribution or Debian , or mint ..
install vsftpd with this command:
$sudo apt-get install vsftpd
Change the setting as the following.
# If you allow anonymous login thenanonymous_enable=YES
# If you do not allow anonymous login then
# Users are allowed to walk around at his directory onlychroot_local_user=YES
Restart vsFTPd.sudo /etc/init.d/vsftpd restart
Now connect to the ftp server host via the command line .$ftp ip-adress or hostname
of via ftp gui client
Please repport any issue or question in our Forum
Pirat9 from Unixmen team
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .