Howto use your Linux computer as a media center with Elisa
Windows as mac has the ability to turn your computer into a media center, for linux there are a number of open source that can do this , Elisa is one of these open sources than can make you use your Linux computer as a Media center.
I -The Elisa Media Center
The Elisa Media Center has many advanced features that will make your media center experience unique. It features an intuitive interface with a professional look and feel which can be easily used with a standard TV remote control.
It has a tight integration with the internet and allows you to watch YouTube videos, listen to Shoutcast, view photos from Flickr and many other popular internet services.
Also Automatically detects iPods, cameras, hard drives, etc.., and automatically finds media from other computers on your local network and more other options, It is also extensible via the use of plugins.
II- Installing Elisa
For ubuntu :
The installation is easy ,just download it from this link
Download the debian package and open it with ubuntu package manager .
For Mandriva :
Elisa in included on the package manager of Mandriva, you need just to run this command to install it:
For Fedora and Linpus (Acer aspirone) :
First you have to add some repositories free and no free
then install Elisa by the command :
yum install elisa
Elisa is installed.
For Debian Lenny :
Download it from this link http://packages.debian.org/lenny/elisa
For Open suse :
Elisa is included in Packman repository this mean that you have to add first the these repository to your installation see how to add packman repository to opensuse
After the repository is added you can install Elisa using the command :
zypper install elisa
Is done !
Remember that there are other Open source Media center softwares like XBMC …
N.B :Please feel free to ask help installing Elisa or any other Open source Media Center on Linux
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .