How to upgrade from Mandriva 2009 to the new Mandriva 2009 Spring
Mandriva 2009 spring is the new release of Mandriva, this one come with new updates and run faster than the previous release, and the boot time is faster than before. In this tutorial we will show you step by step to how upgrade from Mandriva 2009 to the new Mandriva 2009 spring.
I -Update your Mandriva :
First before to go further, you will need to update your mandriva 2009 ,the steps are described by shot-cuts bellow :
Click on the blue circle
Enter your password
If you have have Playonlinux installed, click ok and remove it later before to upgrade
Then click update
Then click yes (pic bellow)
NB : if you have playonlinux installed and didn’t updated you will have to desinstall it before to go to the next step.
After you finish the update you will have to upgrade
II – Upgrade
The upgrade can take several hours, depend on your internet connexion speed, please follow the steps as described on the screen-shots bellow :
Click again at the blue cercle as described on the pi bellow to launch upgrade
Now click Next :
informing that upgrade can take several hours depend of your connexion speed,click next to continue :
Enter your Root password :
Start of upgrade, please don`t turnoff your computer untill the upgrade is finished.
When upgrade is finished you will have the message bellow to reboot your computer.
Reboot yourcomputer and check yourinstalled softwares if everything is working perfect.
Please if you have any probleme with upgrade just post your problem and we will be happy to help you.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .