Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
How to upgrade from Mandriva 2009 to the new Mandriva 2009 Spring
Mandriva 2009 spring is the new release of Mandriva, this one come with new updates and run faster than the previous release, and the boot time is faster than before. In this tutorial we will show you step by step to how upgrade from Mandriva 2009 to the new Mandriva 2009 spring.
I -Update your Mandriva :
First before to go further, you will need to update your mandriva 2009 ,the steps are described by shot-cuts bellow :
Click on the blue circle
Enter your password
If you have have Playonlinux installed, click ok and remove it later before to upgrade
Then click update
Then click yes (pic bellow)
NB : if you have playonlinux installed and didn’t updated you will have to desinstall it before to go to the next step.
After you finish the update you will have to upgrade
II – Upgrade
The upgrade can take several hours, depend on your internet connexion speed, please follow the steps as described on the screen-shots bellow :
Click again at the blue cercle as described on the pi bellow to launch upgrade
Now click Next :
informing that upgrade can take several hours depend of your connexion speed,click next to continue :
Enter your Root password :
Start of upgrade, please don`t turnoff your computer untill the upgrade is finished.
When upgrade is finished you will have the message bellow to reboot your computer.
Reboot yourcomputer and check yourinstalled softwares if everything is working perfect.
Please if you have any probleme with upgrade just post your problem and we will be happy to help you.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .