How to upgrade from Mandriva 2009 to the new Mandriva 2009 Spring
Mandriva 2009 spring is the new release of Mandriva, this one come with new updates and run faster than the previous release, and the boot time is faster than before. In this tutorial we will show you step by step to how upgrade from Mandriva 2009 to the new Mandriva 2009 spring.
I -Update your Mandriva :
First before to go further, you will need to update your mandriva 2009 ,the steps are described by shot-cuts bellow :
Click on the blue circle
Enter your password
If you have have Playonlinux installed, click ok and remove it later before to upgrade
Then click update
Then click yes (pic bellow)
NB : if you have playonlinux installed and didn’t updated you will have to desinstall it before to go to the next step.
After you finish the update you will have to upgrade
II – Upgrade
The upgrade can take several hours, depend on your internet connexion speed, please follow the steps as described on the screen-shots bellow :
Click again at the blue cercle as described on the pi bellow to launch upgrade
Now click Next :
informing that upgrade can take several hours depend of your connexion speed,click next to continue :
Enter your Root password :
Start of upgrade, please don`t turnoff your computer untill the upgrade is finished.
When upgrade is finished you will have the message bellow to reboot your computer.
Reboot yourcomputer and check yourinstalled softwares if everything is working perfect.
Please if you have any probleme with upgrade just post your problem and we will be happy to help you.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .