How to install latest JRE java version in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat via PPA
In order to run Java programs, you must have a Java run time environment (JRE) installed. To run Java web applets in your browser, you additionally need a plugin for your browser, which is not installed by default. In this post i will show you 2 ways to install Java, The first how to install Java6 from partner repository and the second how to have the latest stable version of java from PPA repository.
1- If you want to install Java run time in ubuntu 10.10 Maverick meerkat , you need to activate first the partner repository, to do that, go to System–>Administration–>Synaptic package manager then go to settings–> repositories and activate canonical Partners
Then open terminal and type the folowing command:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin
2- If you want to install the latest java version in Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, open terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sun-java-community-team/sun-java6
sudo apt-get update
apt-cache search java
If you have various versions of Java installed and you want to change the default one, open terminal and type the command :
sudo update-alternatives --config java
Type selection number of java you want to have by default and press enter.
Is done !.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .