How to install LAMP and Phpmyadmin in opensuse 11.3
LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform that uses Linux as operating system, Apache as the Web server, MySQL as the relational database management system and PHP as the object-oriented scripting language.
In this Simple tutorial we will explain you how to install LAMP server on your Opensuse 13.
1- Install LAMP
First Open the software manager “YAST” and search for LAMP the click apply to install
The packages that will be installed are:
apache2, mysql-community-server, apache2-mod_perl, apache2-prefork, php5-dom, php5-ctype, php5-iconv, php5-mysql, apache2-mod_php5, apache2-example-pages, apache2-mod_python, apache2-doc, yast2-http-server
- After LAMP is installed start apache :
linux-gysk:~ # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Starting httpd2 (prefork) done
linux-gysk:~ # chkconfig apache2 on
To check if apache has been installed correctly, open your browser and type localhost
- Now check if php is working.
Open terminal and create this file
and add this code :
Now open http://localhost/file.php or http://ip/file/php if you got something like in the screenshot bellow that means php is working :
- Create MySQL password:
Open terminal and type :
mysqladmin -u root password xxxxxx
Check now if its working with
mysql -u root -p
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2
Server version: 5.1.46-log SUSE MySQL RPM
Copyright (c) 2000, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL v2 license
Type 'help;' or 'h' for help. Type 'c' to clear the current input statement.
Now start Mysql from daemon with
2- Install phpMyadmin
First download the final version from phpmyadmin.net and save it to /srv/www/htdocs
now extract and change the folder name to phpmyadmin:
mv phpMyAdmin-3.3.4-all-languages phpmyadmin
cp config.sample.inc.php config.inc.php
NB : If you got an error check if you have these dependencies installed : php5-mbstring and php5-mcrypt
Now restart your apache and open the page http//ip/phpmyadmin and login with mysqladmin username : root and password
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy : Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. In this tutorial we are goi...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal : From github repo nsnake is a clone of the classic snake game that we all used to play on our cellp...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .