How to install LAMP and Phpmyadmin in opensuse 11.3
LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform that uses Linux as operating system, Apache as the Web server, MySQL as the relational database management system and PHP as the object-oriented scripting language.
In this Simple tutorial we will explain you how to install LAMP server on your Opensuse 13.
1- Install LAMP
First Open the software manager “YAST” and search for LAMP the click apply to install
The packages that will be installed are:
apache2, mysql-community-server, apache2-mod_perl, apache2-prefork, php5-dom, php5-ctype, php5-iconv, php5-mysql, apache2-mod_php5, apache2-example-pages, apache2-mod_python, apache2-doc, yast2-http-server
- After LAMP is installed start apache :
linux-gysk:~ # /etc/init.d/apache2 start
Starting httpd2 (prefork) done
linux-gysk:~ # chkconfig apache2 on
To check if apache has been installed correctly, open your browser and type localhost
- Now check if php is working.
Open terminal and create this file
and add this code :
Now open http://localhost/file.php or http://ip/file/php if you got something like in the screenshot bellow that means php is working :
- Create MySQL password:
Open terminal and type :
mysqladmin -u root password xxxxxx
Check now if its working with
mysql -u root -p
Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or g.
Your MySQL connection id is 2
Server version: 5.1.46-log SUSE MySQL RPM
Copyright (c) 2000, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL v2 license
Type 'help;' or 'h' for help. Type 'c' to clear the current input statement.
Now start Mysql from daemon with
2- Install phpMyadmin
First download the final version from phpmyadmin.net and save it to /srv/www/htdocs
now extract and change the folder name to phpmyadmin:
mv phpMyAdmin-3.3.4-all-languages phpmyadmin
cp config.sample.inc.php config.inc.php
NB : If you got an error check if you have these dependencies installed : php5-mbstring and php5-mcrypt
Now restart your apache and open the page http//ip/phpmyadmin and login with mysqladmin username : root and password
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .