How to Install and configure Pandora Flexible Monitoring System in ubuntu and other debian based systems
Pandora FMS (for Pandora Flexible Monitoring System) is software solution for monitoring. Pandora FMS allows monitoring in a visual way the status and performance of several parameters from different operating systems, servers, applications and hardware systems such as firewalls, proxies, databases, web servers or routers.
Pandora FMS can be deployed in almost any operating system. It has remote monitoring (WMI, SNMP, TCP. UDP, ICMP, HTTP…) and using agents. An agent is available for each platform. It can also monitor hardware systems with a TCP/IP stack, as load balancers, routers, network switches, printers or firewalls.
Pandora FMS has several servers that process and get information from different sources, using WMI for gathering remote Windows information, a predictive server, a plugin server who makes complex user-defined network tests, an advanced export server to replicate data between different sites of Pandora FMS, a network discovery server and a SNMP Trap console.
the most important points for Pandora are:
- SQL backend.
- Native centralized Web User interface to manage all monitoring.
- Distributed monitoring.
- Very poweful agent monitoring, specially on Windows.
- Stateful monitoring AND performance monitoring.
- Nice reporting and graphs.
- HA ready
- Support for all OSes
Today we will show you how to install Pandora in Ubuntu and other Debian based systems
To install Pandora FMS for Ubuntu or debian your need some extra dependencies
sudo apt-get install snmp snmpd libtime-format-perl libxml-simple-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl libdbi-perl libxml-simple-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl
libhtml-parser-perl wmi-client xprobe2 nmap libmail-sendmail-perl traceroute libio-socket-multicast-perl libapache2-mod-php5 apache2
mysql-server php5-gd php5-mysql php-pear php5-snmp php-db php-gettext graphviz php-pear php5-gettext mysql-client php-db php-xmlrpc
Now go to pandora website and download the debian package for ubuntu or for debian depend wher you want to install pandora
Now cd the directory where you downloaded the debian packages. in my case :
Now let`s start with the installation ,we have to install the console, the agent and the Server :
- Install the console :
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.console_3.0.0.deb
- Install The Agent
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.agent_3.0.0.deb
- Install The Server
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.server_3.0.0.deb
Now, lets go to the console, open your browser and type :
- Go to step 2 with Next
- If everything is green go to next :
After this you have to move install.php to /var/www/pandora_console
Now open the browser again and login with user admin en password pandora
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .