How to Install and configure Pandora Flexible Monitoring System in ubuntu and other debian based systems
Pandora FMS (for Pandora Flexible Monitoring System) is software solution for monitoring. Pandora FMS allows monitoring in a visual way the status and performance of several parameters from different operating systems, servers, applications and hardware systems such as firewalls, proxies, databases, web servers or routers.
Pandora FMS can be deployed in almost any operating system. It has remote monitoring (WMI, SNMP, TCP. UDP, ICMP, HTTP…) and using agents. An agent is available for each platform. It can also monitor hardware systems with a TCP/IP stack, as load balancers, routers, network switches, printers or firewalls.
Pandora FMS has several servers that process and get information from different sources, using WMI for gathering remote Windows information, a predictive server, a plugin server who makes complex user-defined network tests, an advanced export server to replicate data between different sites of Pandora FMS, a network discovery server and a SNMP Trap console.
the most important points for Pandora are:
- SQL backend.
- Native centralized Web User interface to manage all monitoring.
- Distributed monitoring.
- Very poweful agent monitoring, specially on Windows.
- Stateful monitoring AND performance monitoring.
- Nice reporting and graphs.
- HA ready
- Support for all OSes
Today we will show you how to install Pandora in Ubuntu and other Debian based systems
To install Pandora FMS for Ubuntu or debian your need some extra dependencies
sudo apt-get install snmp snmpd libtime-format-perl libxml-simple-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl libdbi-perl libxml-simple-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl
libhtml-parser-perl wmi-client xprobe2 nmap libmail-sendmail-perl traceroute libio-socket-multicast-perl libapache2-mod-php5 apache2
mysql-server php5-gd php5-mysql php-pear php5-snmp php-db php-gettext graphviz php-pear php5-gettext mysql-client php-db php-xmlrpc
Now go to pandora website and download the debian package for ubuntu or for debian depend wher you want to install pandora
Now cd the directory where you downloaded the debian packages. in my case :
Now let`s start with the installation ,we have to install the console, the agent and the Server :
- Install the console :
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.console_3.0.0.deb
- Install The Agent
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.agent_3.0.0.deb
- Install The Server
sudo dpkg -i pandorafms.server_3.0.0.deb
Now, lets go to the console, open your browser and type :
- Go to step 2 with Next
- If everything is green go to next :
After this you have to move install.php to /var/www/pandora_console
Now open the browser again and login with user admin en password pandora
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .