Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Google back as default search for firefox in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx
Yesterday Rick Spencer from Canonical announced in a developer mailing List that Google search will be the default search for firefox in the next final release of ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx .
Note that Some months ago canonical changed the default search provider from Google to yahoo ,
Here it is the message of Rick :
Each release we determine the best default web browser and the best
default search engine for Ubuntu. When choosing the best default search
provider, we consider factors such as user experience, user preferences,
and costs and benefits for Ubuntu and the browsers and other projects
that make up Ubuntu. Up until Ubuntu 9.10 these defaults have always
been Firefox and Google. Earlier in the 10.04 cycle I announced that we
would be changing the default search provider to Yahoo!, and we
implemented that change for several milestones.
However, for the final release, we will use Google as the default
provider. I have asked the Ubuntu Desktop team to change the default
back to Google as soon as reasonably possible, but certainly by final
freeze on April 15th.
It was not our intention to “flap” between providers, but the underlying
circumstances can change unpredictably. In this case, choosing Google
will be familiar to everybody upgrading from 9.10 to 10.04 and the
change will only be visible to those who have been part of the
development cycle for 10.04.
Related Articles by Tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .