Gnome Activity journal- A tool for easily browsing,finding,tracking files on your computer |Ubuntu|Linux
The first release of Gnome Activity journal is out. Codenamed “Luciana’s Tricycle”, the new release comes with many new features like, Pretty layout, Pinning (marking) items, Calendar slider, preview tooltips. What is GNOME Activity Journal?
GNOME Activity Journal ((formerly known as GNOME Zeitgeist) is not a File Browser but an Activity Browser. It uses Zeitgeist to get information on what files/websites/contacts/etc. you worked with and Tracker to get information about the current state of the files and all sorts of meta-data (including tags).
For ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
1- First open terminal and type the command bellow to add repository :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zeitgeist/ppa
Now update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install zeitgeist gnome-activity-journal
-For other Linux distributions:To download and install Gnome Activity Journal run the commands bellow :
First see if you have bzr installed, if not install it. As root type the command :
For fedora/Centos /Redhat yum install bzr
For debian based : sudo apt-get install bzr
-The command bellow will download and install Gnome Activity Journal, open the terminal and type :
mkdir ~/zeitgeist; cd ~/zeitgeist
bzr get lp:zeitgeist; bzr get lp:gnome-activity-journal
This command will install both gnome activity journal and zeitgeist.
-To run Gnome Activity Journal , type the command :
Finally, to update it when there are new changes:
zeitgeist; bzr pull
cd ~/zeitgeist/gnome-activity-journal; bzr pull
Watch this video :
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .