Gnome Activity journal- A tool for easily browsing,finding,tracking files on your computer |Ubuntu|Linux
The first release of Gnome Activity journal is out. Codenamed “Luciana’s Tricycle”, the new release comes with many new features like, Pretty layout, Pinning (marking) items, Calendar slider, preview tooltips. What is GNOME Activity Journal?
GNOME Activity Journal ((formerly known as GNOME Zeitgeist) is not a File Browser but an Activity Browser. It uses Zeitgeist to get information on what files/websites/contacts/etc. you worked with and Tracker to get information about the current state of the files and all sorts of meta-data (including tags).
For ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala and Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx :
1- First open terminal and type the command bellow to add repository :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zeitgeist/ppa
Now update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install zeitgeist gnome-activity-journal
-For other Linux distributions:To download and install Gnome Activity Journal run the commands bellow :
First see if you have bzr installed, if not install it. As root type the command :
For fedora/Centos /Redhat yum install bzr
For debian based : sudo apt-get install bzr
-The command bellow will download and install Gnome Activity Journal, open the terminal and type :
mkdir ~/zeitgeist; cd ~/zeitgeist
bzr get lp:zeitgeist; bzr get lp:gnome-activity-journal
This command will install both gnome activity journal and zeitgeist.
-To run Gnome Activity Journal , type the command :
Finally, to update it when there are new changes:
zeitgeist; bzr pull
cd ~/zeitgeist/gnome-activity-journal; bzr pull
Watch this video :
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...3 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .