Fix ttf-mscorefonts-installer problems in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala
Most of the people that installed the new Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and then tried to install the ubuntu-restricted-extras quickly found that any time after that when installing a package via CLI/Software Center/Synaptic Package Manager they got an error in reference to ttf-mscorefonts-installer (3.0).
I’m not really sure why it’s can’t resolve the host, but the easiest way to fix this little problem is to simple uninstall the ttf-mscorefonts-installer, but now you’re thinking well maybe I want the Microsoft fonts for cross-platform compatibility reason, well I’ve got my own little script that does that for you too.
Open up your Terminal under Applications -> Accessories ->Terminal and run:
sudo apt-get remove ttf-mscorefonts-installer
Download This script (you’ll have to unzip it to get to the bash script), by default it’s not an executable, which we will amend in a second. In order to run the script open a Terminal and navigate to the directory the file is in (i recommend putting it on the Desktop) as shown in my example:
Now run the following command to make the file executable:
sudo chmod +x msfonts
Note: You may need to install cabextract, as it’s one of the programs I use in my script. In your Terminal run:
sudo apt-get install cabextract
In the same terminal windows run the script:
Source : friendlytechninja.com
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .