Fix ttf-mscorefonts-installer problems in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala
Most of the people that installed the new Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and then tried to install the ubuntu-restricted-extras quickly found that any time after that when installing a package via CLI/Software Center/Synaptic Package Manager they got an error in reference to ttf-mscorefonts-installer (3.0).
I’m not really sure why it’s can’t resolve the host, but the easiest way to fix this little problem is to simple uninstall the ttf-mscorefonts-installer, but now you’re thinking well maybe I want the Microsoft fonts for cross-platform compatibility reason, well I’ve got my own little script that does that for you too.
Open up your Terminal under Applications -> Accessories ->Terminal and run:
sudo apt-get remove ttf-mscorefonts-installer
Download This script (you’ll have to unzip it to get to the bash script), by default it’s not an executable, which we will amend in a second. In order to run the script open a Terminal and navigate to the directory the file is in (i recommend putting it on the Desktop) as shown in my example:
Now run the following command to make the file executable:
sudo chmod +x msfonts
Note: You may need to install cabextract, as it’s one of the programs I use in my script. In your Terminal run:
sudo apt-get install cabextract
In the same terminal windows run the script:
Source : friendlytechninja.com
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .