dead Linux commands
Please dont these commands in Your machine . for any other question please post it in the Forum .
Dont yet completed article (wait zinoune)
#chown nobody:nobody -R /
#chmod 000 -R /
#cd ~; for x in `ls`; do mv -f $x $y; y=$x; done
This will shift the names of all the files in the users home directory. none of the file names will match their contents.
3- Not something you would do by accident (i would hope) but
cat /dev/random > ~/.backup &
is a great way to screw with someone, especially if the sysadmin has put limits on each user’s home directory
tell them it’s running some sort of diagnostic and it needs to run for an hour or so…
4-I like the commands that drive others nuts
chattr -R +i *
Now sit back and watch people go nuts none of the files or dirs on the system can be modded or removed (reboots usually don’t succeed )
5- 4 years ago, i destroyed a linux by misstiping a command.
i wanted to write:
but I wrote (as root):
the > key is on a swiss keyboard right of shift-key. The shift key is also used for a /.
After that command, the passwd file is empty.
Userdata and system keeps on disk.
But no more login possible.
Lucky, that i could restore /etc/passwd from backup and had a running root Terminal.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .