dead Linux commands
Please dont these commands in Your machine . for any other question please post it in the Forum .
Dont yet completed article (wait zinoune)
#chown nobody:nobody -R /
#chmod 000 -R /
#cd ~; for x in `ls`; do mv -f $x $y; y=$x; done
This will shift the names of all the files in the users home directory. none of the file names will match their contents.
3- Not something you would do by accident (i would hope) but
cat /dev/random > ~/.backup &
is a great way to screw with someone, especially if the sysadmin has put limits on each user’s home directory
tell them it’s running some sort of diagnostic and it needs to run for an hour or so…
4-I like the commands that drive others nuts
chattr -R +i *
Now sit back and watch people go nuts none of the files or dirs on the system can be modded or removed (reboots usually don’t succeed )
5- 4 years ago, i destroyed a linux by misstiping a command.
i wanted to write:
but I wrote (as root):
the > key is on a swiss keyboard right of shift-key. The shift key is also used for a /.
After that command, the passwd file is empty.
Userdata and system keeps on disk.
But no more login possible.
Lucky, that i could restore /etc/passwd from backup and had a running root Terminal.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .