Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
dead Linux commands
Please dont these commands in Your machine . for any other question please post it in the Forum .
Dont yet completed article (wait zinoune)
#chown nobody:nobody -R /
#chmod 000 -R /
#cd ~; for x in `ls`; do mv -f $x $y; y=$x; done
This will shift the names of all the files in the users home directory. none of the file names will match their contents.
3- Not something you would do by accident (i would hope) but
cat /dev/random > ~/.backup &
is a great way to screw with someone, especially if the sysadmin has put limits on each user’s home directory
tell them it’s running some sort of diagnostic and it needs to run for an hour or so…
4-I like the commands that drive others nuts
chattr -R +i *
Now sit back and watch people go nuts none of the files or dirs on the system can be modded or removed (reboots usually don’t succeed )
5- 4 years ago, i destroyed a linux by misstiping a command.
i wanted to write:
but I wrote (as root):
the > key is on a swiss keyboard right of shift-key. The shift key is also used for a /.
After that command, the passwd file is empty.
Userdata and system keeps on disk.
But no more login possible.
Lucky, that i could restore /etc/passwd from backup and had a running root Terminal.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .