Redo is an easy point-and-click GUI tool for full system backup and recovery from bare metal. Allows fast cloning of hard disk images to and from local or network-shared drives. Extremely user friendly interface boots from CD or USB.
Redo Backup and Recovery is just a GPLv3 Perl script built with a GTK2+ interface designed in Glade. It is simply a front end to partclone, which performs the actual backup and restore. The live CD is built with xPUD to provide a graphical user interface and unmodified binaries of each program, but the script will run on any Linux platform that has the required programs installed.
Redo Backup has the most features coupled with the simplest, most user-friendly interface:
- Easy graphical user interface boots in less than a minute
- No installation needed; runs from a CD-ROM or a USB stick
- Saves and restores Windows and Linux machines
- Automatically finds local network shares
- Access your files even if you can’t log in
- Recover deleted pictures, documents, and other files
- Internet access with Firefox to download drivers
- Download size is less than 75MB
If you want to install Redo backup in an USB drive, you need first to download the .iso file and create a live cd. Then run the live cd and install it to your USB drive
If you want to install Redo backup in your usb, go to home and click on”Install to USB”, then follow the installation steps.