Change themes in linux the easy way with Epidermis
Epidermis theme manager is an open source GTK application for managing, automatically downloading and installing themes of various types. The latest version 0.4 of Epidermis was released 01 november 2009 , the new version support also changing the Xsplash themes, so changing the look of your boot-up screen is now as simple as changing your wallpaper.
The Epidermis skin handles the following themes,Wallpapers, Metacity window border themes, GTK widget themes ,Icon sets ,GNOME splash images, Mouse cursor themes, Grub bootsplash screen,Usplash bootsplash screen,GDM login screen
Changelog of version 0.4 :
- Added support for Xsplash themes.
- Removed support for Usplash themes.
- Skin previews are displayed.
- Added autogenerate button for Epidermis Creator so that previews of pigments can be automatically created.
- Help message is displayed if no skins are installed.
- License updated to GPLv3.
Related articles :
- Nice GDM themes for Ubuntu and Gnome (with installation guide )
- Great themes for Ubuntu9.10 Karmic koala
- Collection of themes for Gnome and Ubuntu- Octobre I-
- Nice collection of themes for Gnome and Ubuntu-September2009-
- Great themes for Ubuntu 9.04 and ubuntu9.10 Karmic Koala
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .