Ajaxterm- A web based terminal that help you use ssh from a web browser
Lets show the easy install on debian based systems (Ubuntu, Linuxmint…) In my case i used Ubuntu 10.10
Installation of Ajaxterm in debian based systems:
1- Open terminal and type the following command:
sudo apt-get install ajaxterm
2- Now you have to edit ssh_config and enable PasswordAuthentication then restart ssh.
sudo sed -i s:PasswordAuthentication.*:PasswordAuthentication yes: /etc/ssh/sshd_config sudo service ssh restart
To test this if is working, open your browser and type :
Install Ajaxterm in other linux distributions:
To install Ajaxterm from source, issue the following commands
wget http://antony.lesuisse.org/ajaxterm/files/Ajaxterm-0.10.tar.gz tar zxvf Ajaxterm-0.10.tar.gz cd Ajaxterm-0.10 ./ajaxterm.py
Then point your browser to this URL : http://localhost:8022/
How to access your sshd server from outside the LAN network using Ajaxterm?
- Make a clone copy from default to ssl website like
sudo cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/default /etc/apache2/sites-available/ssl
- Enable some modules for proxy and ssl
sudo a2enmod proxy_http sudo a2enmod ssl sudo a2ensite default-ssl
- Create Ajaxterm directory
sudo mkdir /srv/ajaxterm
- Create a username and password to protect the webpage of Ajaxterm:
sudo htpasswd -bc /srv/ajaxterm/.htpasswd pirat9 xxxxxxxx
Now edit the virtualhost on website
and add these lines
ProxyRequests Off AuthUserFile /srv/ajaxterm/.htpasswd AuthName EnterPassword AuthType Basic require valid-user Order Deny,allow Allow from all ProxyPass / http://localhost:8022/ ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8022/
Now restart apache and dont forget to open port 443 on your router .
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .