Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Ajaxterm- A web based terminal that help you use ssh from a web browser
Lets show the easy install on debian based systems (Ubuntu, Linuxmint…) In my case i used Ubuntu 10.10
Installation of Ajaxterm in debian based systems:
1- Open terminal and type the following command:
sudo apt-get install ajaxterm
2- Now you have to edit ssh_config and enable PasswordAuthentication then restart ssh.
sudo sed -i s:PasswordAuthentication.*:PasswordAuthentication yes: /etc/ssh/sshd_config sudo service ssh restart
To test this if is working, open your browser and type :
Install Ajaxterm in other linux distributions:
To install Ajaxterm from source, issue the following commands
wget http://antony.lesuisse.org/ajaxterm/files/Ajaxterm-0.10.tar.gz tar zxvf Ajaxterm-0.10.tar.gz cd Ajaxterm-0.10 ./ajaxterm.py
Then point your browser to this URL : http://localhost:8022/
How to access your sshd server from outside the LAN network using Ajaxterm?
- Make a clone copy from default to ssl website like
sudo cp /etc/apache2/sites-available/default /etc/apache2/sites-available/ssl
- Enable some modules for proxy and ssl
sudo a2enmod proxy_http sudo a2enmod ssl sudo a2ensite default-ssl
- Create Ajaxterm directory
sudo mkdir /srv/ajaxterm
- Create a username and password to protect the webpage of Ajaxterm:
sudo htpasswd -bc /srv/ajaxterm/.htpasswd pirat9 xxxxxxxx
Now edit the virtualhost on website
and add these lines
ProxyRequests Off AuthUserFile /srv/ajaxterm/.htpasswd AuthName EnterPassword AuthType Basic require valid-user Order Deny,allow Allow from all ProxyPass / http://localhost:8022/ ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8022/
Now restart apache and dont forget to open port 443 on your router .
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...1 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .