Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
After Digg, now is reddit who says yes to Cassandra DB
After Twitter and digg, now is Reddit who announced yesterday that they switched their database to NoSQL Cassandra database; this is the second big social bookmark that switch to cassandra in two days. As i mentioned in my previous article, Cassandra is an open source project that develops a highly scalable second-generation distributed database.
Reddit explained the reason of this move “In case you are wondering why we chose Cassandra: it is way faster, more scalable, and has a rich and active development community full of extremely smart and helpful people. It’s in use or going to be in use by several large companies (Twitter, Facebook, digg, Rackspace). We have the ability to add nodes as load and storage requires, and we have the ability to move non-cache type data into it as appropriate.”
Reddit had experienced many problems with database cache in the past, which they tried to resolve by adding a bunch more RAM to their systems, this was a temporary solution for the problem until to put a better solution. By opting for Cassandra we can say that they found the best solution for the problem.
Usefull Links : http://www.reddit.com
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .