Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
AC'97 Audio Controller Linux driver
How to install AC’97 Audio Controller driver in my Linux ?
With Gnome2.28 i got really issue to make it working . the alsa drivers and the mixers dont help . finaly decided to search from google and to check experience of people with this driver issue .
This is the output of my lspci:
00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)
the only working methode is to install driver from the OSS (opensound system)
Go to http://www.4front-tech.com/download.cgi
download the package for your Linux or Unix version
reboot the machine .
test the sound with :
[pirat9@Unixmen-Host99 ~]$ osstest
Sound subsystem and version: OSS 4.2 (b 2001/200910230524) (0x00040100)
Platform: Linux/i686 220.127.116.11-96.fc12.i686 #1 SMP Fri Oct 23 19:53:24 EDT 2009
*** Scanning sound adapter #-1 ***
/dev/oss/oss_ich0/pcm0 (audio engine 0): Intel ICH6 (266E)
Note! Device is in use (by PID 0/VMIX) but will try anyway
- Performing audio playback test...
*** All tests completed OK ***
its realy a good job from the oss team ,im now enjoying with my music .
please ask is you have any question
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .