0 A.D – A war/economy strategy game for Linux
Announced today the release of a third pre-alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare. Like previous releases, it’s not a playable release yet. This release includes multiplayer support, improved GUI, improved pathfinding and more.
The historically-based game is similar to Microsoft’s Age of Empires, in that users create and build civilisations and must defend them against their enemies. The game focuses on the years 500 B.C. to 500 A.D., includes six unique civilisations and several multi-player modes.
This is the first version of 0 A.D. in a long time that has multiplayer capabilities, these capabilities has been tested last week with five multiplayer gamers from five lands. The results was awsome, the multiplayer worked pretty much without a hitch.
“You’re invited to recreate the same experience with our special map designed for multiplayer, “techdemo-mp”. All you need is an IP address and maybe to know your way around a router or a firewall. If you run into any crashes or major bugs, you’re invited to report them in the multiplayer thread at the 0 A.D. development forum so we can fix the game in later versions.”
What is 0 A.D.?
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .