0 A.D – A war/economy strategy game for Linux
Announced today the release of a third pre-alpha version of 0 A.D., a free, open-source game of ancient warfare. Like previous releases, it’s not a playable release yet. This release includes multiplayer support, improved GUI, improved pathfinding and more.
The historically-based game is similar to Microsoft’s Age of Empires, in that users create and build civilisations and must defend them against their enemies. The game focuses on the years 500 B.C. to 500 A.D., includes six unique civilisations and several multi-player modes.
This is the first version of 0 A.D. in a long time that has multiplayer capabilities, these capabilities has been tested last week with five multiplayer gamers from five lands. The results was awsome, the multiplayer worked pretty much without a hitch.
“You’re invited to recreate the same experience with our special map designed for multiplayer, “techdemo-mp”. All you need is an IP address and maybe to know your way around a router or a firewall. If you run into any crashes or major bugs, you’re invited to report them in the multiplayer thread at the 0 A.D. development forum so we can fix the game in later versions.”
What is 0 A.D.?
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .