15/05/2009 OSOR : The European Council says migrating the European Commission, the European Parliament and the European Court of Auditors to open source desktops will decrease budgetary costs.
Sun may have the MySQL name, but every one has its open-source code and MySQL co-founder Monty Widenius is taking the popular open-source DBMS (database management system) and forking it in a new directions.
According to Alexa.com, Google is the top-ranked site in the U.S. and Iran. Almost 38 percent of all Google users are from the U.S. and nearly 3 percent are from Iran. Over the last week,
Open source community in spain protests national plan for school PCs The Spanish free software association Hispalinux is protesting plans by the Spanish government to massively introduce Microsoft’s operating systems and applications on school computers.
Question : I`m a new ubuntu user, I downloaded drivers for my printer, the drivers are in .deb format, how do I install them ?
Interview with Oracle’s CEO Larry Ellison What Oracle will do with Sun’s open source products and initiatives, it does make very clear that Oracle will retain and extend Sun’s hardware business, focusing on “designing hardware and software to work together.” … Continue reading
Six members of the Swiss parliament (Nationalrat) last week formed a group called ‘Digital Sustainability’ which aims to increase the use of open source software by Swiss public bodies.
BackupPC is an entirely disk-based backup and recovery system. It offers a number of advantages, some of which are available only with BackupPC, Backuppc Support any client OS and has a Web interface to allows user control of and access … Continue reading
In Linux,for some distributions by default, does not include Microsoft core fonts in its installation (for exemple : Ubuntu), to have them on your ubuntu, you will need to install the msttcorefonts package. The msttcorefonts package include the True type … Continue reading
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .