LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform that uses Linux as operating system, Apache as the Web server, MySQL as the relational database management system and PHP as the object-oriented scripting language. There are … Continue reading
A problem stil exist with 64-bit versions of * Ubuntu (linux in general) is that you install Flash plugin from the repositories (using ubuntu / kubuntu / xubuntu-restricted-extras) fails a lot, because its not a 64bit version
One of the big bugs (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/433972) on Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic koala is the slow internet connection, i have a connection of 25Mo/s and even that it take too long to load a page, at the begining i tought that was … Continue reading
If you want to share files between your Ubuntu and Windows computers, your best option is to use Samba file sharing. Samba is a free software re-implementation of SMB/CIFS networking protocol, originally developed by Australian Andrew Tridgell. As of version … Continue reading
The list of top 500 supercomputer for the month of November 2009 is available, in the list appears that 89.20% of the 500 supercomputers use Linux, Unix 5%, 4.6% mixed, 1% Windows and 0.2% BSD.
By this offer we want to open the door to our readers to contribute in unixmen by sending , news ,tips , tutorials …. You can send the article to this email firstname.lastname@example.org Include in the email the desired email … Continue reading
Mark Renouf has compiled a VMware image of Chrome OS for testing out in your virtual machine environment: This is a ChromeOS image converted to VMware .vmdk file. It was built from instructions provided on the ChromiumOS developers site: http://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/chromium-os/building-chromium-os/build-instructionsBuilt … Continue reading
One of The greats improvement of Fedora12 is The network manager, in this version is included : Pv6 for next-generation networking Better support for shared, static, and system-wide network connections A redesigned interface that is simpler to use and understand … Continue reading
How to connect to a remote desktop from a Linux machine to windows XP , windows 2003 server , Vista or windows 7.? This question is frenquently asked by linux users especialy the newbies that want to discover more linux.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .