Announced today by Mark Shuttleworth that Ubuntu 11.04 codename is: Natty Narwhal. “allow me to introduce the Natty Narwhal, our mascot for development work that we expect to deliver as Ubuntu 11.04.
It was on August 16th, 1993 that Ian Murdock started the Debian Project. Named after he and his Wife with the idea of a ‘distribution’ collaborated on openly by people all over the world.
For those with multi-touch capable hardware like Dell’s XT2 tablet, the Apple Magic TrackPad, or 3M/N-Trig hardware, there’s good news if you are an Ubuntu user as Ubuntu 10.10 is set to ship with multi-touch support by default. However, the … Continue reading
TestDrive -Auto Download and test Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat ISO in a Virtual Machine the easy way
TestDrive is a project that makes it very easy to download and run the latest daily Ubuntu development snapshot in a virtual machine. Actually, it can be configured to download and run any URL-access ISO in a virtual machine. But … Continue reading
Working on screenshots (not yet ready) Mangaka Linux is a GNU/Linux operative system based on Ubuntu. It’s especially developed for the specific needs of the otaku community, including by default programs for fansubbing, web browsing, multimedia playback and creation. The … Continue reading
Announced a time ago by Clem that Linux Mint 10 will be released in November this year under the codename “Julia”. Linux Mint 10 will be based on the upcoming Ubuntu 10.10 “Maverick Meerkat”, Origins: Gens Julia was one of … Continue reading
This is a simple ubuntu 10.04 and ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Plymouth Splash screen. Before you install this theme make sure the plymouth is configured correctly with your screen resolution. Installation in Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 Maverick:
Th new installer for Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat is live now , Present in the latest daily build of the upcoming Maverick Meerkat (Ubuntu 10.10) operating system. The installer is completely revamped and accessible by Linux beginners. Via this revamped Ubuntu installer … Continue reading
Puppy Linux 5.1, code-name ‘Lucid’ as it is binary-compatible with Ubuntu Lucid Lynx packages, has been released. The announcement and release notes say that because of the Ubuntu binary files, the development time to produce program packages that are tested … Continue reading
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .