Nvidia 275.21 has been released. Version 275.21 adds support for GeForce 540M and also fixes a handful of problems. The full changelog for this release is as follows:
- Restored the release splash screen in the NVIDIA X driver (the beta splash screen was accidentally reenabled between 275.09.07 and 275.19).
- Fixed a bug that caused nvidia-settings to crash when configuring multiple X screens after all monitors were unplugged from one of the X screens.
- Fixed a bug in nvidia-settings that caused the display configuration page to show extra disabled displays after connecting a new monitor.
- Added X configuration options “3DVisionProHwButtonPairing”, “3DVisionProHwSinglePairingTimeout”, “3DVisionProHwMultiPairingTimeout”, and “3DVisionProHwDoubleClickThreshold” to configure hardware button based pairing in NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro. See “Appendix B. X Config Options” in the README for more information.
- Fixed a bug that prevented initialization of the NVIDIA 3D Vision or NVIDIA 3D Vision Pro hub if no EDID was present.
This driver will only works for Geforce 6 series and above
I Installation in Ubuntu via PPA
- Open terminal and copy the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates sudo apt-get update<strong>
sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-current-modaliases nvidia-settings</strong>
- Now go to Menu System–>Administration–>Additional Drivers and activate the current Nvidia driver.
- Reboot your computer.
II Manual Installation :
- First Download the driver from the download links bellow (32bit or 64bit),
- cd the directory where you downloaded the file, in my case :
- Now open terminal and run the following command:
sudo sh ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86-275.21.run
Then follow the installation instructions.
- Activate the new driver and Reboot.