Geary is a lightweight email client also developed by the Yorba team. The latest release is Geary 0.4 released on October 3, 2013.
Geary 0.14 comes new enhancements
– Per-account full text search
– Automatic save to draft
– Refreshed user interface
– Per-folder unread email count
– Experimental support for Outlook.com
– Enhanced “show external images” preference
– Find bar for locating text within a conversation (Ctrl+F)
– Improved handling of attachments
– Malicious link checker
– Passwords stored with libsecret instead of GNOME Keyring
– Hundreds of bugs fixed and small improvements
Installing Geary 0.4 in Ubuntu 12.10 or Newer via PPA
Open Terminal and Type the following commands to add PPA to your system and install:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install geary
Compiling from Source
For other Linux Distros Download Geary 0.4 Tarball and compile from source.
Opening Geary for the first time you need to add an account.