Few days ago was released Openshot 1.4.3 , according to the announcement this release has more bug fixes, enhancements, and new features than any other release of OpenShot to date!
OpenShot 1.4.3 Released! from Jonathan Thomas on Vimeo.
(Read also our Interview with Jonathan Thomas of Openshot)
What `s new in Openshot 1.4.3?
– Improved Timeline Snapping for Transitions (no more manual adjustment of every transition)
– Improved Drag & Drop features (Vertical Constraints, Improved Gap Removal, New Keyboard Shortcuts, and more)
– New 3D Animations (Realistic Earth, Exploding Text, Dissolving Text, and more)
– 10+ New Effects (Sharpness, Vignette, Lens Correction, and more)
– Apply Effects to Tracks (and Multiple Clips at the same time)
– Adjust Speed of Animated Titles (utilizing time remapping, for interpolated smooth animations)
– New Transitions (6 bars, boxes)
– New Dark Theme
– Improved Translations
– Updated Documentation
– Updated Dependencies (Now requires Blender 2.62+)
– Tons of Bug Fixes (Full List of Bugs & Features)
* Installation on Ubuntu 12.04 , 12.10 and LinuxMint13:
Open terminal and enter the following PPA
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jonoomph/openshot-edge sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openshot openshot-doc