Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
XBMC 11.0 – Eden has been released! PPA Ubuntu
XBMC 11.0 – Eden has been released, this final release include Addon Rollbacks, vast improvements in Confluence , massive speed increases via features like Dirty-region rendering and the new JPEG decoder, a simpler, better library, movie set scraping, additional protocol handling, better networking support, better handling of unencrypted BluRay content and structures, adjustable display refresh rate in OSX (to match the already available feature in Windows and Linux), AirPlay support, an upgraded weather service with geoip lookup, and much, much more.
More information about this release can be found in the changelog.
Installation in Ubuntu 11.10 and LinuxMint12 (Ubuntu 12.04 is not yet supported)
If you will install XBMC for the first time, add the following PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install xbmc
If you have already a previous release installed in your system via the PPA above, you need just to upgrade:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
For other Linux distributions, XBMC is included in their repositories, so you can install it from terminal
Exp : Opensuse
sudo zypper in XBMC
The same for Arch Linux, Gentoo, Mandriva
For Fedora, first install RPM Fusion repositories , then install XBMC using the following command:
su - yum install xbmc
and is done.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .