Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Wine 1.5.10 has been released!
Wine is a free and open source application that allows users to run Windows software on other operating systems. Wine is always under heavy development with the team preparing one release every 2 weeks. Yesterday, the founder and current leader of the project Alexandre Julliard, announced the availability of version 1.5.10 that brings some important additions and fixes.
What’s new in this release:
- - New version of the Gecko engine based on Firefox 14.
- - Support for OpenGL in the DIB engine using libOSMesa.
- - Off-screen rendering is now the default in Direct3D.
- - Some more WMI infrastructure.
- - Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- Age of wonders 2: the application does not get any mouse input
- EVE Online hangs on focus restore after applying Empryan Age 1.1.1 patch
- Half Life 2 NPC characters appear stretched
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 7: Crashes when selecting the “edit” menu while having a file open.
- Baldur’s Gate 2: poor rendering with ddr=opengl
- Final Fantasy XIV beta: crashes if launching in full screen mode
- Half Life 2: wrong colors
- Mass Effect 2 Demo ignores keyboard input until mouse clicked
- 3DMark06: dies on msvcp71.dll.
- EA Origin wants msvcp100.dll.
- dsound/ds3d.ok crashes under WINEDEBUG=warn+heap
- Baldur’s Gate II – Throne of Bhaal crashes
- Civilization V demo has black screen, complains “Could not load width data” without native msvcp90
- League of Legends / Pando downloader crashes with builtin msvcp90
- GTA IV lacks some lights
- Visual Studio 2005 Trial “Server Explorer” needs IWbemClassObject::BeginMethodEnumeration when inspecting Management Classes
- Age of Empires 2: top of the screen turns white when creating a new player
- Steam fails to start, needs dwrite.dll.DWriteCreateFactory
Ubuntu and Linux Mint users do the following:
Open the Software Sources menu by launching the “Ubuntu Software Center” and selecting Edit->Software Sources. Choose the “Other Software” tab and click “Add”. Then copy and paste this ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa as shown in the following picture:
Once you add the repository you can update to the latest wine from your “Update Manager”.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .