Wine 1.5.10 has been released!
Wine is a free and open source application that allows users to run Windows software on other operating systems. Wine is always under heavy development with the team preparing one release every 2 weeks. Yesterday, the founder and current leader of the project Alexandre Julliard, announced the availability of version 1.5.10 that brings some important additions and fixes.
What’s new in this release:
- - New version of the Gecko engine based on Firefox 14.
- - Support for OpenGL in the DIB engine using libOSMesa.
- - Off-screen rendering is now the default in Direct3D.
- - Some more WMI infrastructure.
- - Various bug fixes.
Most important specific applications problems addressed:
- Age of wonders 2: the application does not get any mouse input
- EVE Online hangs on focus restore after applying Empryan Age 1.1.1 patch
- Half Life 2 NPC characters appear stretched
- Adobe Acrobat Pro 7: Crashes when selecting the “edit” menu while having a file open.
- Baldur’s Gate 2: poor rendering with ddr=opengl
- Final Fantasy XIV beta: crashes if launching in full screen mode
- Half Life 2: wrong colors
- Mass Effect 2 Demo ignores keyboard input until mouse clicked
- 3DMark06: dies on msvcp71.dll.
- EA Origin wants msvcp100.dll.
- dsound/ds3d.ok crashes under WINEDEBUG=warn+heap
- Baldur’s Gate II – Throne of Bhaal crashes
- Civilization V demo has black screen, complains “Could not load width data” without native msvcp90
- League of Legends / Pando downloader crashes with builtin msvcp90
- GTA IV lacks some lights
- Visual Studio 2005 Trial “Server Explorer” needs IWbemClassObject::BeginMethodEnumeration when inspecting Management Classes
- Age of Empires 2: top of the screen turns white when creating a new player
- Steam fails to start, needs dwrite.dll.DWriteCreateFactory
Ubuntu and Linux Mint users do the following:
Open the Software Sources menu by launching the “Ubuntu Software Center” and selecting Edit->Software Sources. Choose the “Other Software” tab and click “Add”. Then copy and paste this ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa as shown in the following picture:
Once you add the repository you can update to the latest wine from your “Update Manager”.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .