Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Watch worldwide cyber-attacks live with HoneyMap!
Have you ever wondered how many cyber-attacks happen every second worldwide? Apparently they are a lot more than you would probably imagine and you can now watch them live as they happen thanks to the Honeynet Project!
The Honeynet Project is a leading international 501c3 non-profit security research organization, dedicated to investigating the latest attacks and developing open source security tools to improve Internet security.
So this is not about some kind of vulgar display of power, as it is intended to help the research of the nature of the attacks by collecting data about attackers and malicious software they use. To do that you will need volunteers to use Honeynet tools for the feedback and when you have many volunteers doing what they do you get this:
What you see here is a live world map where attacks from users that choose to be shown in Honeynet Project are shown. Imagine how many attacks happen in reality if you count the users that don’t want to be shown in Honeymap!
All this fuzz has one and only purpose. To develop open source security tools that will increase users safety from aspiring crackers. Recent tools examples include Cuckoo, Capture-HPC, Glastopf, HoneyC, Honeyd, Honeywall. You can download these tools on the Tools website.
Apart from the natural “do whatever you want” and “attack whoever you want” kind of activities, Honeynet also organizes more targeted challenges like the latest “Hiding in Plain Sight” or “Attack Visualization” to get information about specific cases and scenarios.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .