Ubuntu 13.10 ‘Saucy Salamander’ Final has been released! | Installation Instructions With Screenshots
Finally, the most expected distribution in Linux World, Ubuntu 13.10 ‘Saucy Salamander’ final has been released,
there is no official release announcement yet, but the download page of Saucy has been updated with the final packages. Just like most of you, We also expected it very long. This awesome distribution has come with plenty of new features and improvements.
If you have already a previous release of Ubuntu, and want to upgrade to the latest 13.10 version, then please follow our step by step guide upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander.
You can also Download the Getting Started Manual from the following link.
What’s New in Ubuntu 13.10?
- Kernel 3.11
- Unity 7
- Search hundreds of different online sources directly from the Dash.
- Filter Dash results in several different ways.
- Add or remove scopes from the Dash to customize your experience.
- Browse messages from your social networks with the new Friends scope.
- Comes with the latest OpenStack cloud platform (Code name: Havana).
- Enhanced support for Linux Containers (LXC).
- Get work done in style with LibreOffice 4.0, now with new, modern presentation templates and built-in support for Ubuntu’s integrated menu bar.
Install steps of Ubuntu 13.10 for Newbies
1- Install Ubuntu alongside them, this mean if you have windows installed on your hard drive, ubuntu will be installed alongside windows.
2- Erase Disk and install Ubuntu : Be careful because choosing this option will erase all the data on your hard disk. Only use it if you are testing in an old computer or if you have an empty hard drive
3- Something else: You can use this option if you have many partitions on your hard drive, use the empty one then to install Ubuntu
If you choosed “something else” in the previous screen, You will got this screen, as you see in my case i chooses the free space on my hard disk : Choose your language:Enter your name, username, password …etc.If you don`t have an Ubuntu One account, choose “Login Later”.Installation will start now.Now installation is done. Press reboot and enjoy the new release of Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander.Ok, you have successfully installed Ubuntu 13.10, What’s now? Well, We have made a comprehensive guide about Top things to do after installing Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander. This guide will help you to enhance Ubuntu 13.10 further for day to day activities and it contains lot of interesting insight and ideas about what you can and should do after a successful installation.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...3 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...4 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .