Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Tip for Ubuntu 12.04- Add a new player to the sound menu
In Ubuntu12.04 Precise Pangolin, Rhythmbox is the default player in the sound menu, the sound menu support also some other audio players like Climentine for exp. In this Tip i will show you how to add some unsupported players to the sound menu, like for example VLC or Amarok. You can do that with just one command.
Remember that this will remove Rhythmbox from the soundmenu and will be replaced by the new player.
Now for example we want to add vlc, we open terminal and we enter the following command:
gsettings set com.canonical.indicator.sound interested-media-players "['vlc']"
If we want to add Amarok, we type:
gsettings set com.canonical.indicator.sound interested-media-players "['amarok']"
If we want to restore Rhythmbox we type
gsettings set com.canonical.indicator.sound blacklisted-media-players "['rhythmbox']"
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .